Disembarkation - what did we miss?

Karaboudjan

How and when does the ship provide information about disembarkation?  On our cruise a couple of weeks ago I never saw or heard any announcements prior to when the started calling groups on the day itself.  Our cabin steward mentioned that they needed luggage outside of the room by 10:30pm, but I don't think it is the steward's responsibility to let passengers know that.  The only official information that I saw was about some luggage tags on the monitor by Guest Services, but I only happened to see that because I walked by.  We had an NCL transfer to the airport, and our eDocs said that details would be provided on the ship, but again I heard or saw nothing.  I feel like we missed something and I'd really like to know what.

33 minutes ago, macewank said:

All of that info was in my freestyle daily for the last day, as well as an additional specific disembarkation document that was delivered. 

Thanks.  And when you say last day, do you mean the daily for the last full day?  Or one that was delivered on the last night?

1 minute ago, Karaboudjan said:

Thanks.  And when you say last day, do you mean the daily for the last full day?  Or one that was delivered on the last night?

Actually, I'm going to retract that.. I just pulled out my dailies and it wasn't in my last full day one.

But.. it definitely was in a 2nd document that was dropped off on the last full day.  I didn't bring that one home with me. 

There is usually an insert to the freestyle daily on day 5 or 6 and then another one delivered on day 7 (last full day) but on my last cruise in March I had to go hunting for the disembarkation baggage labels as there was no notice distributed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macewank said:

Actually, I'm going to retract that.. I just pulled out my dailies and it wasn't in my last full day one.

But.. it definitely was in a 2nd document that was dropped off on the last full day.  I didn't bring that one home with me. 

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

There is usually an insert to the freestyle daily on day 5 or 6 and then another one delivered on day 7 (last full day) but on my last cruise in March I had to go hunting for the disembarkation baggage labels as there was no notice distributed.  

Thanks.  I certainly don't remember any insert or separate document, but maybe we just missed it...

On our November POA cruise, disembarkation info was left in our stateroom on Thursday night along with the daily for Friday (disembarkation was Saturday morning). This allowed us to pick up our luggage tags from a rack by Guest Services sometime on Friday so that we could put our bags out in the hall by 10:00 p.m. Friday night.  (I saved this along with the Day 7 Freestyle Daily, so please just ignore that.) Hope this helps!

DISEMBARK.POA DAILY 7.pdf

Edited by NikiPinkston
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Joy over Christmas. There was information in the daily towards the end of the week. 

Additionally, luggage tags were delivered to all cabins (I think on day 5 or 6?)…we didn’t have to grab them from a rack near Guest Services. They organized the luggage tag colors/disembarking time by the location of the cabin (deck 10 port, deck 10 starboard, etc).