Carnival Freedom New Years Eve

rolloman

I just got off the NY Eve sailing on Freedom and it was embarrassing.  For instance on the big night they had a "special" menu. The main entrée was called jumbo shrimp and it came on a big plate with 4 tiny shrimp on a skewer with tomato sauce dribbled around it...no sides...nothing. So I ordered the chicken parm...same thing...burnt piece of over cooked breading with a wafer sized piece of supposed chicken hidden inside it and no sides. Even the normally awesome pizza was bad on this ship. I have been on 11 cruises the past year and this was taking dining cut-backs to a whole new level.   As far as the ship goes...two sections of shattered glass...one in the buffet across from the quick sushi station and the other in the gym. Filthy carpet.  Minimal lighting...the ship is super dark throughout.  I think they have given up on this ship since the fire. I would not be surprised to hear it will be taken out of the fleet along with a few others they have already mentioned. 

Welcome back.  That's so sad about the recent food on the Freedom.  We sailed her in July and found the food good in the main dining room at that time.  I would have been disappointed had I been served what you described.   I do agree that the ship is dark and in need of a good cleaning and paint job, but we had a good time, otherwise.  I don't think it was a favorite Carnival ship for me. Looking forward to our upcoming Horizon!

• Like 1