First Timers in the Arctic, What Cabin?

We are looking at booking the National Geographic Resolution, July 2024.  I do not know what cabin to book.  We will be going from Greenland to Nome, Alaska.  Are the seas rough in late July?  If so, we want to do low mid-ship.   Will we be able to enjoy a balcony, or would it be too cold?  Will it matter if we are port or starboard? We've enjoyed suites for the extra room and perks, but I haven't been able to determine if there are extra perks with a suite. Your advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this isn't the Caribbean or South Pacific and I am truly lost in figuring this out.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to First Timers in the Arctic, What Cabin?
  • 1 year later...

Just replying to this thread to say what I am interested in same question - considering 2025 NW passage sailings.  Curious whether you booked and what you picked ?

• 1 month later...

I too am interested in the 2025 NW Passage journey. The deposit policy is quite restrictive and the prices are very high. Have done Nat Geo in Antarctica 10 years ago and it was super fantastic, but think there may be better options now for the NW Passage itinerary. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

I too am interested in the 2025 NW Passage journey. The deposit policy is quite restrictive and the prices are very high. Have done Nat Geo in Antarctica 10 years ago and it was super fantastic, but think there may be better options now for the NW Passage itinerary. 

I was intrigued by the Quark itinerary but in the end booked the Nat Geo one as we have friends on the same trip. 

• Like 1