Tamarind Reservations (1st time on HAL)

Screasy

We hope to try Tamarind, and were hoping to use our shipboard credit, but have learned that we must be onboard to use that.  Are there usually reservations still available if we wait until after we board, or should we bite the bullet and pay?  We depart January 14th on the Nieuw Statendam.

To clarify, you have OBC but not dining credits, correct? 

You could book the night and time you want now before it fills up and when onboard go to the dining reservation station and see if they will credit you back the prepaid to your account and deduct from the OBC. It has happened but “Past performance is not indicative of future results” 😉 At best you get your preferred day/time and at worst you have to eat twice in Tamarind (which is our favorite so win-win). 

I would pre-book too - The Tamarind is my favorite specialty restaurant (I think it's better than the Pinnacle).  I have eaten there probably a dozen times in the past 14 months.  It's worth booking now and trying to reverse the charges to use OBC once you are on board - IMO.