Teen Passport Program

kathas2boys

Can anyone tell me exactly how does the Teen Passport Program work? What does my money get for my 13 yr DS? Is it worth it? We are on April 2 sailing of the Spirit.

Just the drink coupon booklet that you get with the teen program alone is well worth the $34.50. My son used it all week for 20 non alcoholic smoothies (would have been about $140.00 with tips if purchased without the coupons)

The teen passport program consist of 20 coupons good for non-alcoholic frozen smoothie drinks, cans of sodas or bottles of water.

There is also a dance at the end of the cruise, supposedly for those who have the passport...most of the time all the teens are invited.

This is from the NCL website.....

Teen Passport Program (13 - 17 years of age)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #343 - $34.50

• 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. Glass
  • The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
  • The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

We purchased one at a special table set up in the Atrium on Embarkation Day, and it was well worth every penny! DS thoroughly enjoyed his smoothies, and on the last evening he discovered he still had seven coupons left (he'd been trying to pace himself so as not to run out, and was a bit too conservative I guess!) so on the last night he invited all his new friends to meet him at the pool, and "bought them all a drink" with his remaining coupons. :D

My daughter will be 11 when we cruise this Dec., too. I was wondering the same thing re: the passport. If not, they should have something comparable for the younger crowd b/c those frozen drinks (like icees!) are popular with kids of all ages!! Maybe they could have a margarita card for those interested in those kind of Frozen Drinks:p :p (I know I'd be first one in line!!).

The teen passport program consist of 20 coupons good for non-alcoholic frozen smoothie drinks, cans of sodas or bottles of water.

There is also a dance at the end of the cruise, supposedly for those who have the passport...most of the time all the teens are invited.

This is from the NCL website.....

Teen Passport Program (13 - 17 years of age)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #343 - $34.50

• 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. Glass
  • The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
  • The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

Are you sure about the cans of soda and bottled water? It doesn't say that in NCL's description and even the soda card wont get you CANS of soda, only fountain.

If bottles of water and soda are included then it's an even better deal!!!!

~Connie

Are you sure about the cans of soda and bottled water? It doesn't say that in NCL's description and even the soda card wont get you CANS of soda, only fountain.

If bottles of water and soda are included then it's an even better deal!!!!

~Connie

On the last 2 cruises my daughter has been able to use the coupons for bottles of water and cans of soda. It isn't in writing any where, but when the servers are asked they all seem willing to get her what she wants. Actually the cost of the water/cans of soda would be less than the cost of a smoothie, so maybe that is why they have allowed her to use the coupons.

:)

Don't flame me, but DW doesn't like alcohol but likes the frozen drinks. I bought one for her on sailaway during our last cruise. She used it all week with no problem.

Think I might get one for me!!! I love the frozen drinks but I don't need the alcohol to have fun!!! Hmmmm maybe I'll get 2 :eek:

~Connie

On the last 2 cruises my daughter has been able to use the coupons for bottles of water and cans of soda. It isn't in writing any where, but when the servers are asked they all seem willing to get her what she wants. Actually the cost of the water/cans of soda would be less than the cost of a smoothie, so maybe that is why they have allowed her to use the coupons.

:)

OK, well all we can do is try, right? I'll make sure to tell my girls that it "may" be possible to get water or soda too. :)

Thanks for the info!

~Connie

My daughter will be 11 when we cruise this Dec., too. I was wondering the same thing re: the passport. If not, they should have something comparable for the younger crowd b/c those frozen drinks (like icees!) are popular with kids of all ages!! Maybe they could have a margarita card for those interested in those kind of Frozen Drinks:p :p (I know I'd be first one in line!!).

I also would like to sign up for Margarita Card.:D

Archived