back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

[quote name=ILov2cruise.

LIDO DECK: 1/4 of the chairs on the decks were “saved” by beach towels which is against carnival’s policy.

The biggest complaint on ALL cruise lines are about chair hogs.

.[/quote]

Only a fourth of the chairs were saved? That's a pretty good ratio.:)

Okay, I was on the same cruise and I have to add my 2 cents worth.

Food - Formal Dining was all I expected it to be. As I am a steak and potato's person, I decided to try every exotic item on the menu. AND like I learned... no where does it restrict you to one entrée. Be nice to your Head Waiter and he will even give you a little doggy bag to take back to your room. The Mediterranean dining lounge provided buffet meals that filled in nicely when you don't feel like dressing up. The Chinese place was only open once when I went by it, but the food from the deli was great. The Pizza at 3AM is not something I was looking forward too so I went with the Room Service and that kept me full.

Dana (Social Host) - Unbelievable. A great hoot and very informative.

Just curious to see that the reviewer missed out on some of Hollywood's shopping talks.

Excursions - Costa Maya .... I was one of the brave souls that went to the Kohunlich Mayan ruins and being a 2 hour bus ride we had to be one of the first off of the ship. I was disappointed that they had said that they would announce WHEN to start making your way to the gangway but never did. Otherwise, no problems at all.

Grand Caymans - Because the GF wanted to get some shopping done, we just settled for the 2 hour island tour with a stop in Hell and the Turtle Farm. With 5 cruises ships in port, the place was very crowded and could have used a bit more organization to handle such large crowds.

Ocho Rios - Had only goal for this port.... Jimmy Buffets Margarita-ville. So we left the ship 2 hours after most people had gone on their excursions and it was so quiet and peaceful as we strolled hand in hand to Island Village. (Had to stagger back after too many Margarita's and Cheeseburgers... hee hee)

My room was one above the Adriatic Lounge so every night we got serenade by bad singing during Karaoke night. Or could it be the 5 busloads of fellow Canadians that were doing the singing?

It was my first cruise and I am hooked. No matter how bad things could have gotten... it was the experience of the lifetime for me and I will always remember it.

I say quit looking at the bad and look at all the behind the scenes hard work that went into getting everything ready. Remember, the ship just pulled into port in the morning and by the time you boarded everything had to be refreshed and renewed for you.

Was it really all that bad?

Very good .......much more informative than the original post. ***clapping***

After someone posts something that is less than flattering about Carnival and it's their first time here, why are they eventually denigrated and bets are placed as to whether they ever return? Let's assume good intentions and that means the OP did not come to this site to be provocative but simply wanted to share her cruise experience. I knew when I read the comment about another group having three dolphins and hers having one that would get her totally walloped. Some folks have higher expectations of their cruise experience than just being on vacation and on a ship.

hi there,

sorry your criuse was so horrible. It's terrible when you wait and wait and wait for a vacation and it is a letdown. I too just got off a carnival cruise on sunday (the Miracle). It was my second Carnival cruise in a year (last year we were on the Legend). I have to say though that we experienced none of the problems you did. While I have not been on that particular ship I can tell you my two carnival cruises were extremely positive and I cannot say one negative thing about the Miracle that I just finished. The food was excellent; the entertainment like a broadway show, the rooms was clean, the staff was helpful and the tours were great. Maybe you just had a bad run on that one particiular ship. Of course we had partying people aboard but nobody was obnoxious or a problem. It was all very positive. We have traveled on every cruise line out there and i have to say that carnival rated right up there in my opinion. Guess i wouldnt dismiss the whole line because of one bad cruise experience. A similar thing happened to me on royal caribbean last year but I heard from others that that was not the norm so I'd give them a second chance anyway. Well thanks for sharing your story.

maryjo

I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone pulled the "this person has only posted x times" card.

Maybe because usually when I see a post that is full of nothing but complaints and whining the first thing I do is look at their posting history to see what their previous posts were like. When they only have 7 posts before posting this one and say they didn't find anything good about a 7 day cruise I am very skeptical about any of their opinions.

Some folks have higher expectations of their cruise experience than just being on vacation and on a ship.

Having high expectations and not having them met is not a problem.

Having unrealistic expectations that no one could meet, is a problem. And then slamming the cruise line, because they did not meet your unrealistic expectations is irresponsible.

After someone posts something that is less than flattering about Carnival and it's their first time here, why are they eventually denigrated and bets are placed as to whether they ever return? Let's assume good intentions and that means the OP did not come to this site to be provocative but simply wanted to share her cruise experience. I knew when I read the comment about another group having three dolphins and hers having one that would get her totally walloped. Some folks have higher expectations of their cruise experience than just being on vacation and on a ship.
C'mon Pickle...you know the answer to your own question!!

When someone posts "less than flattering" things about Carnival...they better be 'credible' - level headed, constructive. When they aren't 'level headed' and rants like THIS one is...of course they are ripped apart. No one believes this! Puh-leese!!

Some people just need to learn what a review is. This IS NOT one. This is a cry-baby rant, complete with foot-stomping. There are plenty of people on here that give reviews that include BOTH the good and the bad! No one gets flamed or doubted when, with that, comes what problem-solving solutions that were attempted. What could be done to avoid that 'bad situation.' People that give balanced reviews are HELPFUL to future cruisers!! People that whine and cry thru their entire "review" aren't giving anyone any kind of information for that future cruiser to avoid that same situation!!

I knew when I read the comment about another group having three dolphins and hers having one that would get her totally walloped.

Only one Dolphin.... what a tragedy. Some people don't even get to see a real live dolphin.

Picklebongo, the only thing most of us are trying to point out is that some of the stuff (like his own private booked excursion) is not a problem of Carnivals if it does not go as planned and that if he was paying attention and did the planning he said is that he would have known that Carnival excursions get first shot at the tenders.

When I got back, I did not give a glowing review of my trip on the Conquest but I did not get bashed like you say everyone who does for saying something bad about Carnival. I did find lots of positives to go with the few negatives.

Maybe because usually when I see a post that is full of nothing but complaints and whining the first thing I do is look at their posting history to see what their previous posts were like. When they only have 7 posts before posting this one and say they didn't find anything good about a 7 day cruise I am very skeptical about any of their opinions.

This was their first cruise. They started posting on the board about 3 weeks before their cruise...asking mainly about excursions. (directions to Captain Marvin's etc) Hence, the low number count.

Seriously, I just don't think they knew enough about cruising to pick the right cruise line for themselves. And now they want to take it out on anyone else than the person in the mirror. I mean there does have to be some personal responsibility. If the food was completely "horrible" from day one (to the point that you were starving from the very first night) , use the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and get the heck out of dodge. At some point, they have to take some personal responsibility. No way a CD "PROMISED" them they would be the first ones off the ship. They were probably embarassed because every one had to wait and they probably complained the entire excursion about how horrible the food was and how they were starving - which we all know nobody on that excursion wanted to hear - which meant folks on the excursion probably avoided them like the plague...and these folks got a self-fulfilling prophesy. Look for enough bad stuff and you will find it.

Just goes to show that to enjoy your cruise,you have to also pack a good attitude.Don't sweat the small stuff.Go on your cruise having no expectations other than to relax on deck with a good book.That's what I've done and I have yet to open a book! I've found so many things to do and met so many new friends. I'm on a big boat in the ocean watching the world go by...aahhh...life is good! Cruiseing is not for everyone. But for those of us who love it...it's a state of mind.We pack a good attitude because we would rather be cruiseing than working! :):)

C'mon Pickle...you know the answer to your own question!!No one believes this! Puh-leese!!

Yeah like when they claim to have spent $7,000 for 7 day Conquest cruise Cat 12 for four... no credibility

Hey, maybe tjsharktank is just another login used by picklebongo????

Just goes to show that to enjoy your cruise,you have to also pack a good attitude.Don't sweat the small stuff.Go on your cruise having no expectations other than to relax on deck with a good book.That's what I've done and I have yet to open a book! I've found so many things to do and met so many new friends. I'm on a big boat in the ocean watching the world go by...aahhh...life is good! Cruiseing is not for everyone. But for those of us who love it...it's a state of mind.We pack a good attitude because we would rather be cruiseing than working! :):)

I think I am going to steal your Phrase: pack a good attitude!! love it. Please don't accuse me of plagerism; I let you know ahead of time. LOL

Don't sweat the small stuff.Go on your cruise having no expectations other than to relax on deck with a good book.That's what I've done and I have yet to open a book!

Can I get you to talk to my wife, she's packed a small library. :cool:

Can't help it. I'm still new to the board but this can't go without a comment..............Like maybe you would have had a GREAT time if you had spent more time enjoying and A LOT less time complaining to everyone. I truly can not figure out how you can NOT have a good time on a cruise. I took my first Carnival cruise last month my 2 previous being NCL and I can't say enough good about our trip. And let me tell you our trip just to get to the ship was bar none the worst in no way did it ruin our week on the Valor.

And just like everyone else.....went to bed hungry????????? Well I won't touch that one.

Well said gangwayqueen!

maryjo:)

Mom and Dad were there and someone misplaced a starfish.

Let's wish them well! Hopefully, they will stop enough people from sailing with Carnival with their rants and raves all over the world, so that Carnival ships won't be filled to the brim and they will re-establish my Interline discount!!!

My thoughts exactly.....

I've been on 3 Carnival cruises- my 4th coming up in the Fall. You can research all you want, but if you don't find the RIGHT information, you can't possibly know or anticipate what will actually happen.

On my first cruise there were a lot of things we didn't realize we could do until the trip was over...but we took that information on our second cruise and then on to the 3rd.

We never attempted independent excursions until our last cruise, we really weren't sure how it all worked..and basically we spent a year planning those excursions. Though some independent excursions are better and cheaper than what Carnival does offer, if you aren't an experienced cruiser it is best to stick with what the ship offers until you see how the tenders run, or how excursions are handled.

As for getting off the ship for tenders- Carnival excursions do take presedence and if you got off the ship on the 3rd tender you are lucky. You also have to realize though Carnival's staff tries to conduct this process in an orderly fashion there are those, and there are many who don't obey the process of getting your number and waiting your turn..as was mentioned people just pile down the stairs once they open the doors- you can't stop a mob of a 1000 people, you really can only hope people move quick.

As for going to bed hungry...that is just plain crazy and really your own fault. No one said you had to eat pizza all week. There is plenty to eat...the deli is always open, there is rooom service, salad bar, dining room and buffet. Maybe you gave up to soon! To my knowledge the buffet does not offer the same menu as the dining room. Or at least I never noticed. We always ate in the dining room, and being that you can order more than one dish- I ordered extra appetizers if I didn't see an entree that enticed me. And if I was still hungry after I grabbed a sandwich from the deli.

Sorry for your bad time- you are lucky that this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you!

I really wish I could say a bad vacation was the worst thing that ever happened to me.....

1) deal with your hubby falling 6 stories and almost dying.... only to be disabled and in constant pain.

2) have your 18 yr old daughter have a 4 wheeler accident and be in a coma they weren't sure she'd come out of (thank god she did)

3) have your sister hemmorhage and almost bleed to death twice in one year..... and then 1 month after the last time try to commit suicide....

Man I wish a bad vacation was the top of my bad experience list.

I'm not looking for sympathy ... you just need to know what bad experiences are.....you had minor inconveniences .... believe me.

Archived