NYC-Bermuda Cruises Skipping Virginia for a few weeks

OttawaJohn

There are some interesting things to do in Norfolk (e.g., see the Battleship Wisconsin, take a small boat tour around the harbor to see the Naval Base), but frankly, I think the relaxing two sea days to Bermuda -- which is how NCL always used to do it -- are preferable.  Just mho.   

In any event, I wish NCL would just make up its mind and either eliminate Norfolk from this itinerary, or call at this port when it's on the itinerary.  On the Joy's Nov. 12 sailing, which included Norfolk, the port was still on our schedule the morning of embarkation.  Sitting in the Manhattan Cruise Terminal waiting to board, we overheard some crew saying the ship wasn't going to Norfolk.  That turned out to be true, but guests had not received notice from NCL.  (I was able to scramble to cancel the private tour we'd booked, but might not have been within the time window for a refund had we not heard the scuttlebutt in the cruise terminal that Norfolk was out.)

Edited by Turtles06

On 1/6/2023 at 1:02 PM, OttawaJohn said:

Basically it's two at sea days now after leaving NYC, not Norfolk and one at sea on the way down.

Shame, was looking forward to checking out Virginia.

You are missing nothing at all worthwhile.  Norfolk is a nasty place with precious little to do.  VA Beach is one of the lamest beaches I have been to in my life and other than a weak shopping mall ether is not much near the port.