Check-In question - Credit Card

CruiserKris34

2 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

Miss G - Do you know if it's $60/day per person for a longer cruise (35 days)? TIA

Sorry, I have not yet been on a cruise that long but I thought I’d seen a post where the hold amount is less.  Perhaps one of the Grand Voyagers or World Cruisers could answer your question.

39 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

Miss G - Do you know if it's $60/day per person for a longer cruise (35 days)? TIA

It is $30 per day for longer cruises, I believe starting at 30 days but I'm not 100% sure of when it starts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

During on-line Check-In, it said "Your card will be pre-authorized for $420 on the day of departure".  Is that a random amount?  I know that I will owe the tips of 100pp & there are 2 of us.  Thanks!  Kris

It changes depending on length of cruise but won't be a charge, just a hold. But if you are close to your card limit, you may have a problem purchasing items in port. The ship won't charge anything on the account until the final statement. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

If you want to avoid this, click paying cash when checking in and bring cash to the front desk when you board. When/ if your cash runs out during cruise they will let you know 

You can also purchase OBC in advance, have some provided by your Travel Agent, or have OBC from Stock benefit, Military Benefit, or a couple other programs HAL offers.

• Thanks 1