Tokyo Hotel 'forced' overnight

Techno123

We are also sailing from Tokyo in November (Tokyo to Bangkok). As we are from the UK our 'deal' is a little different.
We have booked a F1 suite so no 'luxury' hotel  which comes with concierge and above. However, we will require what our travel agent refers to as a 'forced' overnight ie Regent can't risk us arriving late so fly us in the day before and put us up in a hotel for the night. Does anyone know if this will be the same o
ne everyone else goes to (Tokyo Hilton) or are we locked in an underground bunker for the night 😜

• Haha 1

No-one yet having checked the other thread also. I think it's the Tokyo Hilton if you are doing the land tour (it was for us before Regent cancelled our original cruise) and the Keio Plaza for the 'free' night (concierge and above). If it's one of those I assume Regent will put those of us who have a forced overnight in thecheapest one 😜

Techno 123..We have experienced three ‘forced overnights’, two in Miami and one in Athens. The one in Athens was an airport hotel, just ok, one in Miami some years ago was the Conrad Brickell ( now AKA Brickell ) which was the hotel for most over nighters which was OK. Last year we were in an hotel in Miami which was basically on an industrial estate and had no open restaurant so nowhere to eat. There was no Regent rep there either so we had issues with being charged for breakfast which was supposedly included. So did everyone else with Regent which caused chaos at reception.

As a result we are booked Concierge this year and they have put us in the AKA Brickell. So it seems to me to be to be a bit of a gamble. Being platinum , concierge has no real benefit for us but we dont wish to have a repeat of last year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swansong said:

As a result we are booked Concierge this year and they have put us in the AKA Brickell. So it seems to me to be to be a bit of a gamble. Being platinum , concierge has no real benefit for us but we dont wish to have a repeat of last year.

You have the option of booking the overnight & transfers yourself if you are concerned with Regent’s arrangements; although the prices of good Miami hotels have risen dramatically.

We have a “forced” overnight in Bali at the start of a cruise in February. The name of the hotel has just appeared on our itinerary. It looks to be a stunning property and we wish we had longer to enjoy it 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

You have the option of booking the overnight & transfers yourself if you are concerned with Regent’s arrangements; although the prices of good Miami hotels have risen dramatically.

We have a “forced” overnight in Bali at the start of a cruise in February. The name of the hotel has just appeared on our itinerary. It looks to be a stunning property and we wish we had longer to enjoy it 😉

So looks like it is the luck of the draw then, flossie 😂
I am hoping that it is quite nice as we have persuaded my brother in law to join us 

Edited by Techno123

Interesting,  the use of the word “forced”.   When I cruise,  I always get there days before on my dime.   Why risk snow, wind, civil unrest, strikes, airlines and a bunch of crap that can go wrong.  This has always worked at very well for us and gives us some piece of mind. 

I know some of you rather fly in that day using Regent air, miss the ship and than complain to Regent and on cruise critic about the problems!  Whatever, floats your boat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

Interesting,  the use of the word “forced”.   When I cruise,  I always get there days before on my dime.   Why risk snow, wind, civil unrest, strikes, airlines and a bunch of crap that can go wrong.  This has always worked at very well for us and gives us some piece of mind. 

I know some of you rather fly in that day using Regent air, miss the ship and than complain to Regent and on cruise critic about the problems!  Whatever, floats your boat. 

Forced is the word used by the TA ie Regent are forced to offer us overnight accommodation 😁

On the Regent flight being considered we land 36 hours prior to the ship leaving so not really last minute. It would work exactly the same as having the 'free' night for concierge and above just not sure what hotel they would offer.

2 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

You may have missed the point of this thread/topic. No one is saying they would rather fly in on the day of the cruise. The OP is simply trying to ascertain the likely hotel that Regent will allocate for the pre-cruise accommodation.

It is Regent (UK) who use the rather quaint phrase "forced" when they supply overnight accommodation (at no additional cost) because of the available airline schedules

fullsizeoutput_de6.jpeg.59cb7fad1f859d316cf29e7776536cc9.jpeg

Like you we normally arrange our own flights & pre-cruise accommodation.

However, for our February cruise we left the arrangements for the outbound flight to Regent and were amused to see that in their terminology we were being forced to stay an extra night in Bali. This will not be a hardship 😂

Edited by flossie009
  • Haha 3