what is in that space on the Radiance Aft?

I have 7174 booked aft on the Radiance, yet 8168 has just popped up. it is a floor higher yet it is the aft corner and I want to know what is there? If it is crew supply space, it may be noiser than where I am now. Also, I called RCCL and neither TA could confirm what is there. It looks like a stairway, or storage, anyone been near it to know if it a good or bad choice? On 7 there is the lounge on the floor below. Thanks!

It's probably a storage closet for housekeeping. We've never had a noise problem in any cabin on any ship. I don't think it'd be a big problem for you. You would get more noise from folks walking past your room and slamming doors mid-hallway, than you will in a corner of the ship!

It is a stairway, we checked when we booked for our upcoming cruise. We ended up taking the cabin above on deck 9 because it has a larger balconey. Check the deck plans for Radiance on the RCCL site.

I checked that 9 corner room and it has a great balcony. Lucky you! As long as the stairway noise won't be a problem, I'm happy. I was hoping someone was in a room next to a stairwell and could confirm it for me. I know the crew works all day and night and don't want to be disturbed if it were noisy. I am anxious to try the aft room for the view, though!!

~N

I checked that 9 corner room and it has a great balcony. Lucky you! As long as the stairway noise won't be a problem, I'm happy. I was hoping someone was in a room next to a stairwell and could confirm it for me. I know the crew works all day and night and don't want to be disturbed if it were noisy. I am anxious to try the aft room for the view, though!!

~N

We have had the aft corner on several cruises and never had any problem with noise. Take the corner aft cabin. You will love the corner aft cabin it has a better view, enjoy!:)

Lon W.

Is it true that there are noisy vibrations that can be heard in aft cabins on the Radiance? We have 1104 booked and this has me worried :confused:

This October will be our first time on Radiance. I can tell you that when we had the aft cabin on the other ships there is more engine noise,(vibration), but this diminishes as you go higher on the decks. The noise is not much louder than anywhere else on the ship and has never bothered us. I believe this is true for any ship. Hope this helps.

Lon W.

We've had 1100 and 1600 (both corners) on Radiance & Brilliance & have never noticed any particular vibrations. The mystery space is a crew/emergency stairwell, and we didn't hear any noise during the night. If by some chance you do, speak up and I'm sure they'll stop - they don't want the guests disturbed! There is another stairwell about 6 cabins forward that looks on the plans like a public stairwell, but it's restricted to crew only. I think they use that one more.

Archived