Taking medication into Barbados

Kcmellons

5 minutes ago, Kcmellons said:

Hi we are planning on doing a fly cruise from uk to Barbados does anyone know if it’s ok to take my sons adhd medication through customs? Thanks 😊 

If it's a charter you don't actually go through customs so there wouldn't be a need to worry as far as I know.

I suggest checking the UK Government website for any restrictions to be sure.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/entry-requirements

22 minutes ago, Kcmellons said:

Hi we are planning on doing a fly cruise from uk to Barbados does anyone know if it’s ok to take my sons adhd medication through customs? Thanks 😊 

It is unlikely there will be a problem however as MB says always check as there will be some products that are banned, and sometimes they may surprise you. Usually there are few restrictions for personal medication especially if you are only there for a short period, plus the active ingredient usually falls below a specified quantity for import. I would take a copy of your prescription and keep the medicine in its original packaging to play safe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

If it's a charter you don't actually go through customs so there wouldn't be a need to worry as far as I know.

Oh I never knew this! Can you explain to me what usually happens this will be our first fly/cruise and I haven’t got a clue 😂 it would be a charter! Ds is in a wheelchair so I realise that’s a whole other thing to worry about 🙈

I suggest checking the UK Government website for any restrictions to be sure.

👍

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/entry-requirements

36 minutes ago, Kcmellons said:

You will have a dedicated check in at the departure airport, normally manned by a P&O rep to check paperwork before you check in.

Your plane will only have P&O ship passengers on it.  Upon arrival at the airport you leave the plane and go straight to waiting (hopefully!) buses to transfer direct to the port.  At arrival in BRIDGETOWN about a 30-40 minute drive you go into the "shed" in a queue to check in on to the ship.  All you need for this is your passport and boarding pass.  Once you reach the agent at the desk they stamp your boarding pass okay to board and you proceed to security scanning as you would on boarding in UK.

Your luggage is transferred from the aircraft to the port for you and is delivered direct to your cabin. It's a very efficient and quick service normally.

I assume you have registered your disability needs with P&O and you should also confirm with TUI your requirement for assistance.  This will ensure help in Barbados and on boarding the ship.

Personally it's the main reason for using P&O over other lines as the bonded luggage as they call it makes life so much easier.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

You will have a dedicated check in at the departure airport, normally manned by a P&O rep to check paperwork before you check in.

Your plane will only have P&O ship passengers on it.  Upon arrival at the airport you leave the plane and go straight to waiting (hopefully!) buses to transfer direct to the port.  At arrival in BRIDGETOWN about a 30-40 minute drive you go into the "shed" in a queue to check in on to the ship.  All you need for this is your passport and boarding pass.  Once you reach the agent at the desk they stamp your boarding pass okay to board and you proceed to security scanning as you would on boarding in UK.

Your luggage is transferred from the aircraft to the port for you and is delivered direct to your cabin. It's a very efficient and quick service normally.

I assume you have registered your disability needs with P&O and you should also confirm with TUI your requirement for assistance.  This will ensure help in Barbados and on boarding the ship.

Personally it's the main reason for using P&O over other lines as the bonded luggage as they call it makes life so much easier.

Hope that helps.

This is brilliant Thankyou!  👍