A very special offer indeed

shepherd really

SIRENA 01-11-2023: Booking: 33348xx Guest: xxxxxx - Exclusive Limited Time Opportuntiy, Upgrade Now To A Penthouse Suite!!

I just received an upgrade offer from my category to a penthouse suite for the low low price of $950.00 per person.  The thing is the published difference in those two fares is $900 per person.

I guess Oceania is trying to appeal to customers that are really poor at simple arithmetic,  thanks for less than nothing Oceania and good luck.

What a valueless and insulting offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The offers often go out when PH and above, which were previously waitlisted, become available. It’s their way to notify you of availability. The math is rather bizarre.

rather bizarre is very polite.  I think idiotic is more accurate.

• Haha 2

Though haven't looked to see if O has raised some prices again. Thinking they did in Jan 2022 and later in April. I can't imagine that they're not going to in 2023. Hope there is a good Presidents' Day sale next month!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though haven't looked to see if O has raised some prices again. Thinking they did in Jan 2022 and later in April. I can't imagine that they're not going to in 2023. Hope there is a good Presidents' Day sale next month!

I'm planning on purchasing a future cruise certificate (or possibly book a cruise) when I'm on board later this week.  

Please be advised, when the Upgrade opportunity presents itself for a “Price”, it is going out to people in multiple Categories so it is possible that the Math does not work. In my experience, it has always been to my advantage to accept the offer IF it is a desired option. 
If it is an Option you would consider but the price is not advantageous, call the phone number in Revenue and try to negotiate the price down because the Math does not compute. While there may be some on this Board who suggest this is not possible, make sure you have a Great and connected TA and test the waters. I personally have gotten PH, Oceania Suites and Owners Suites offered at ADVANTAGEOUS rates but of course that has all been Pre Covid. Post Covid opportunities may be less beneficial. 
JMHO Folks,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Please be advised, when the Upgrade opportunity presents itself for a “Price”, it is going out to people in multiple Categories so it is possible that the Math does not work. In my experience, it has always been to my advantage to accept the offer IF it is a desired option. 
If it is an Option you would consider but the price is not advantageous, call the phone number in Revenue and try to negotiate the price down because the Math does not compute. While there may be some on this Board who suggest this is not possible, make sure you have a Great and connected TA and test the waters. I personally have gotten PH, Oceania Suites and Owners Suites offered at ADVANTAGEOUS rates but of course that has all been Pre Covid. Post Covid opportunities may be less beneficial. 
JMHO Folks,

Mauibabes

I made that call myself prior to your post (although I have an excellent, connected travel agent).  The lovely young lady I spoke to was sweet but not able to do anything.  I might try again just to take a break from packing for my cruise.

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

rather bizarre is very polite.  I think idiotic is more accurate.

or they forgot to replace the batteries in their calculator...FWIW the website currently shows ALL PH as waitlisted

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

or they forgot to replace the batteries in their calculator...FWIW the website currently shows ALL PH as waitlisted

I called a second time based on Maui Babes post and asked if they could do better.  They came back with a $600PP upgrade from B2 to PH1.  Not good enough to sell me but at least it was a real offer.  Apparently there was at least one PH available.  

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I called a second time based on Maui Babes post and asked if they could do better.  They came back with a $600PP upgrade from B2 to PH1.  Not good enough to sell me but at least it was a real offer.  Apparently there was at least one PH available.  

Interesting.  Just as an FYI and a point of reference, if it helps, we have a PH1 at a cost of $7,598, which includes OBC, though we may change that.

• Like 1

YAHOO, IT WORKED 🤪👍

Everyone has a price, they did not hit yours but it was $350 pp so not a bad reduction.  Just know that it never hurts to ask. 
Enjoy your cruise.  We fly on Thursday so ready to enjoy Marina and all our Oceania family, guests and crew. 
Mauibabes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauibabes said:

YAHOO, IT WORKED 🤪👍

Everyone has a price, they did not hit yours but it was $350 pp so not a bad reduction.  Just know that it never hurts to ask. 
Enjoy your cruise.  We fly on Thursday so ready to enjoy Marina and all our Oceania family, guests and crew. 
Mauibabes. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, Mauibabes!!

5 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

YAHOO, IT WORKED 🤪👍

Mauibabes. 

Yes, thank you for prompting me.  It is always worth at least asking. And do enjoy your cruise.  My cruise in '21 with that itinerary was cancelled by O at the last minute so I'm booked on it next year.  I'll be eagerly watching for reports.

Edited by shepherd really

6 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Fascinating. A nonsensical initial offer followed by a willingness to bargain behind the scenes does not strike me as the image I'd want to project if I were running a high-quality cruise line. Thanks for relating the experience. 🍺🥌

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:53 PM, CurlerRob said:

A nonsensical initial offer followed by a willingness to bargain behind the scenes does not strike me as the image I'd want to project if I were running a high-quality cruise line.

Exactly! Best hospitality experience I ever had was checking into the Toronto Four Seasons. As soon as I identified myself, the clerk knew everything about my reservation, without having to look anything up. But even better, he had an upgrade offer ready to make, and the upgraded room he suggested addressed the one, predictable, question I had about the room we had booked, related to in-suite dining. The issue was entirely predictable since this was during a pandemic lockdown.

True five star service anticipates your needs without you having to ask. Under the current financial strain, Oceania (and probably many other cruise lines) are defaulting to Motel 6 level service it seems, though I gather the pre cruise experience with the head office has always been haphazard compared to the on board experience.

--Julian

Edited by NeedToChill