Alaska???

cruiseyfred

We're booked on the Mercury for September 8th out of Seattle.

Not sure about the Alaska in general, but last year we did the Pacific Northwest cruise (Seattle, Victoria, Nanaimo) and had BEAUTIFUL clear weather. I think it was high 50's low30's. Many of the folks we met that were from Seattle said the rainy season doesn't really start until the end of September, as a matter of fact we got an e-mail about a week later saying they were getting soaked and were glad they didn't wait until the end of the month.

So we're confident that at least for the first couple of days the weather might be great as it was last year....not sure about the area of Hubbards Glacier though.

Hope we both luck out;)

Dave:eek:

Hi bubur, We will be leaving from Vancouver. Did you get a good deal? I hope someone else answers us. I hear the best time to go is June and July. Sailed the Murcury and you will love it. At least if the weather is poor you can enjoy the indoor aqua spa pool.

I have sailed the 1st part of Sept. and most of the time it was great weather. The longer you go into the month the more chance of rain there will be. No with that said, it may rain on you every single day. You just never know about the weather. I can tell you just go prepared with umbrella, raincoat, etc. Have fun.

Marilyn

Seattle/Vancouver weather can be pretty fickle. It's best to be prepared with some rain gear just in case the sky opens up. As we say here, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change!

Temperatures that time of year can be just as fickle; anywhere from 60's to 80's. Dressing in layers is the key.

Don't let the weather slow you down!

It's a probability game with no sure bets. Even if you change your trip to July or August, there's no guarantee that you will have good weather. What you will have in July or August....for sure....are higher prices, more people, and more children. There would also be more options for excursions, and if that is important to you, considering rebooking. Otherwise, if weather is your main concern, I'd take the chance and go in September. I was on the same cruise as Getaway1971 last year, and the worst we had was about an hour of rain in Ketchican. Of course, your results may vary, but the probabilities do not always work against you.

Archived