Panorama Family Harbor Cabins

john91498

1 minute ago, john91498 said:

Any families on here try these rooms? I noticed they are only on the deck 2 and at the back of the ship. We've never stayed below deck 5 before and wondering if here are any noise issues.

Thanks in advance 

Most of noise in that part of the ship on Panorama's Deck 2 comes from the kids running and yelling in the hallways going to and from the Family Harbor, TBH.

Family Harbor is its own section on deck 2, with its own décor.  We received an "upgrade" on the Panorama... we have no small children so the only benefit was the lounge - but we barely used that.  No noise issues and the kids didn't bother us either (it was very quiet at night).

We stayed in a cove balcony, 2429 I believe, which is right across from the Family Harbor Lounge, on the sister ship Vista.  Pros: My kids loved playing video games in the lounge & the ease of a quick breakfast & snacks was great.  Cons:  Being so low we took the elevators way more than we usually do & felt the room was far away from the action.  The worst part though was that I believe the room is under the kitchen galley.  I'm a light sleeper & this was the worst room for hearing noise...banging & thuds all night long.  I'll never choose this room again for that reason.  That being said, our friends had an oceanview room for 5 a few rooms to the aft & didn't hear a thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bandjwayne said:

We stayed in a cove balcony, 2429 I believe, which is right across from the Family Harbor Lounge, on the sister ship Vista.  Pros: My kids loved playing video games in the lounge & the ease of a quick breakfast & snacks was great.  Cons:  Being so low we took the elevators way more than we usually do & felt the room was far away from the action.  The worst part though was that I believe the room is under the kitchen galley.  I'm a light sleeper & this was the worst room for hearing noise...banging & thuds all night long.  I'll never choose this room again for that reason.  That being said, our friends had an oceanview room for 5 a few rooms to the aft & didn't hear a thing.

We are going to be in 2415, which is 5 rooms down the other way.  I read lots of reviews before booking because I was concerned about being under the gallery. Most did not have noise complaints, but some did.  Hard to tell if the difference is the exact location of the cabin, how light/ heavy sleepers people are, or how careful the noise the crew is being. 

We booked it because we had never had a suite, never had a cove balcony, never cruised on a lower deck, and it was cheaper than 2 standard cabins. The suite is big enough for all of us, but a standard cabin would not be. 

Five rooms towards the aft, where your friends were, sought of puts them under the wall between the dining room and galley.

I decided to book 2451 after watching some videos on Youtube. I was a little happy that the cabins are larger than the average 185 sq ft and that they had 2 bathrooms.

Although we would of never considered these rooms as the pricing is steadily going up. What I paid for this room was what I paid for an Ocean Suite not too long ago. Pretty soon, cruising will be priced out for us and we'll go back to land vacations.

2 hours ago, john91498 said:

I decided to book 2451 after watching some videos on Youtube. I was a little happy that the cabins are larger than the average 185 sq ft and that they had 2 bathrooms.

Although we would of never considered these rooms as the pricing is steadily going up. What I paid for this room was what I paid for an Ocean Suite not too long ago. Pretty soon, cruising will be priced out for us and we'll go back to land vacations.

Pricing is returning to pre-COVID/ slightly higher than pre-COVID, which is still a bargain considering (a) how badly land vacations have swelled and (b) absolute prices are still less than they were 10-15 years ago.  That said, there's plenty of bargains - Carnival's currently pushing Cheers! packages.  There's multiple Panorama cruises (April, September, October) selling for ~$1500 for an interior room (including taxes & fees).  The Cheers! package would cost $1000 by itself, so this is quite the bargain if you drink (and we don't, but there will be other promos).

9 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We are going to be in 2415, which is 5 rooms down the other way.  I read lots of reviews before booking because I was concerned about being under the gallery. Most did not have noise complaints, but some did.  Hard to tell if the difference is the exact location of the cabin, how light/ heavy sleepers people are, or how careful the noise the crew is being. 

We booked it because we had never had a suite, never had a cove balcony, never cruised on a lower deck, and it was cheaper than 2 standard cabins. The suite is big enough for all of us, but a standard cabin would not be. 

Five rooms towards the aft, where your friends were, sought of puts them under the wall between the dining room and galley.

I totally agree, so many factors that could affect one person's experience vs another.  I definitely am a light sleeper.  The noises didn't wake my kids or husband.  A cove balcony is also a different experience than a regular balcony as you're so much closer to the water.  I'm hoping you have a fabulous experience!

• Thanks 1

Check out “cruise deck plans dot com”. Select your ship and use the cabin check tool located at the right side of the page, all the way down at the bottom.  It’s easy to miss!  You will be able to select your deck then click on your cabin number and see the decks above and below in the same screen.  I use this to pick my cabin when I decide to book a cruise.  Have fun!

Edited by wizfourfam
  • Like 1