First timer on Oceania considering repositioning cruise

oceanpark

13 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Wow! Thx for this. I might be your cruisemate on one of these itins!😉

Yes, I see that you're on the Sirena March TA... did you also book the extension from Lisbon to Barcelona?  Another example of a nicely combined TA fare...

19 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

We haven't done a TA or TP yet.  I look at them sometimes, but have been a bit concerned about too many sea days for our travel habits.  I see a 14-day April 6 one on Marina this year that might have suited us.  One block of 4 sea days from Bermuda to the Azores, but otherwise a good mix.  I'll have to keep a bit closer eye on Oceania offerings for this.

We booked this cruise about 2 years ago. This will be our first TA cruise and 3rd cruise on Oceania. We like this itinerary because of interesting ports.  We will spend 2 more weeks at the end of a cruise visit Spain and Portugal. 

6 hours ago, NewSalty said:

Yes, I see that you're on the Sirena March TA... did you also book the extension from Lisbon to Barcelona?  Another example of a nicely combined TA fare...

That’s kind of a long, sad story. About 18 months ago I convinced my sister-in-law to come with me on an Oceania cruise, April 2023 from Rome to Venice. Then, spend some time in Venice.
Later on, I decided instead of flying business class to Rome, I would take a transatlantic cruise on Sirena. Disembarking in Lisbon I would have four days to figure out how to get to Rome to meet up with my sister-in-law and the next cruise.
Well, she canceled on me. But that was the reason why I didn’t consider the next segment. I should have said that it’s a long, sad and BORING story. LOL

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Four days is NOTHING, our TA turned into 8 due to Mother Nature and various Ports Government action.  
Just go with the flow and be flexible and enjoy every minute of your cruise. 
Mauibabes

Maui babes, I was with you on the November 2021 transatlantic on Riviera from Rome to Miami. IIRC, we had 8 sea days in a row, 10 in total. Casablanca declined to let us stop, and Lapalma in the Canary Islands was having quite the volcano eruption, so the captain steered clear of the volcanic ash.

Sea days are THE BEST! Lots of bridge all day, every sea day! (Other stuff too, don’t get me wrong……).

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1