Bringing wine on board.

dog1526

36 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

In Honolulu last week the couple in front of us was stopped getting back on ship and told no alcohol or food (even wrapped candy) could be brought back on board by passengers - only crew….I was grumbling how unfair that was since we had both items…really?  Candy?  And why was it ok for crew but not passengers?..  A crew member behind me grabbed my tray of stuff and pushed it through with his…gotta love the crew!

Honolulu is one of the strictest. Not fair. There goes those chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Coming in to the US…no food…okay

but leaving the US…NOT

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I beg to differ.  We only take 2 per person.  
These are US ports.  Ft Lauderdale, LA, SF and Honolulu!  YES, they do say you need to stop at the alcohol desk behind me.  This is on embarkation day.  
If you try to keep going, as I have done before….Miss  Miss you must stop at the desk!!!!
They have even called over another security agent to tell me. Believe me, I know this.  Happens every time.  Not at the ports of call, except Honolulu does have a desk.  But, embarking is another story.  Really?  So, I just show the PCL agent my bottles.  We only take an extra bottle each. No big deal.  There are plenty of other people at the desk too.

We take a lot of b2b’s and I do take 1 bottle per person per voyage, which IS allowed.  The security agent checks my bag and says stop at the desk to declare and watches me.  I show my b2b itinerary to PCL agent and they mark it down on a paper and send me off to the ship.  Done!

I’ve never had this happen embarking in Europe, but the US, definitely.

This reminds me of people on another site that wanted to lecture me because my mother already checked in and I had her bottle in the bag with mine. I was "wrong" and essentially should have been denied boarding for daring to break the rules. They thought my mother was selfish to not wait for me and to take the bag with me.
Another time we had a group of 9 and one person had 6 bottles of wine in her bag (easy to see) and they didn't say anything when she went through screening (we were together).

And then there was the time they used to let you bring on (checked) champagne and wine for on board celebrations and when we got to the cabin our case was easy to spot among all the luggage waiting to be wheeled onboard lol.

17 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

In Honolulu last week the couple in front of us was stopped getting back on ship and told no alcohol or food (even wrapped candy) could be brought back on board by passengers - only crew….I was grumbling how unfair that was since we had both items…really?  Candy?  And why was it ok for crew but not passengers?..  A crew member behind me grabbed my tray of stuff and pushed it through with his…gotta love the crew!

That is strange.

On 2 occasions in the Caribbean I bought back some alcohol for crew members since they told me that they weren't allowed (they made the purchase). We just walked right past the alcohol check-in desk as usual.