Pisa at Night?

Macdooger4

8 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

ItalyTogether has many walking tours that are fun to watch, including

this one of Pisa at night.   I'll be there early May and looking forward to the night views. He has similar videos for Florence which is my next stop after Pisa. 

PISA (night) walking tour in 4k [Tuscany, Italy] - YouTube

Thank you!  We will be there in mid-May, looking forward to it. Going to do Florence for the day and hopefully stop here on the way back to Livorno. 

I'll be home in mid May so I'll find this post and let you know what I thought.  Looks safe enough in the video ... a busy tourist area with lots of families out for an evening stroll.  As with any city, you just need to remain aware of your surroundings. 

I had a quick visit to Pisa and Florence during a port stop in Livorno in 2019.  The focus of this trip is a drive around Tuscany. Meeting someone in Pisa and Florence is where I have a rental car reserved so I have 2 nites in both cities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

I'll be home in mid May so I'll find this post and let you know what I thought.  Looks safe enough in the video ... a busy tourist area with lots of families out for an evening stroll.  As with any city, you just need to remain aware of your surroundings. 

I had a quick visit to Pisa and Florence during a port stop in Livorno in 2019.  The focus of this trip is a drive around Tuscany. Meeting someone in Pisa and Florence is where I have a rental car reserved so I have 2 nites in both cities. 

excellent, enjoy your trip and keep me updated on Pisa at night 🙂

On 1/11/2023 at 4:56 PM, Macdooger4 said:

Can pisa (just the leaning tower) be done at night? Is it lit up, is it safe? 

I am such a country mouse it isn’t funny. And I feel safe in Pisa at night. Might someone pick your pocket? Sure. That can happen day or night, so keep your wits about you. But it’s very unlikely that anyone will assault you or rob you at knifepoint. Pisa is a very buzzy, energetic, University town, and I enjoy the vibe there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Macdooger4

As promised, a followup to my stay in Pisa.  We felt very safe walking around at night.  It was lovely!! Our hotel was near the Leaning Tower so we walked around that area several times after dark....just families and a few tourists.  With the university being only a few blocks away there were always students around which was helpful when we could find our restaurant for dinner.  

At the train station there were lots of warnings about pickpockets but I think that is a worldwide issue at rain stations.

Pisa was absolutely lovely and the people were so friendly and helpful.

Florence is a different story.......

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, mapleleaves said:

@Macdooger4

As promised, a followup to my stay in Pisa.  We felt very safe walking around at night.  It was lovely!! Our hotel was near the Leaning Tower so we walked around that area several times after dark....just families and a few tourists.  With the university being only a few blocks away there were always students around which was helpful when we could find our restaurant for dinner.  

At the train station there were lots of warnings about pickpockets but I think that is a worldwide issue at rain stations.

Pisa was absolutely lovely and the people were so friendly and helpful.

Florence is a different story.......

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed it!

I forgot to include a night photo of the Tower.  

I assume you're coming in on the train. If so, there is a bus just outside the station called LanRossa that will drop off just outside the gates of the Piazza Miracoli.  But to save time, a cab will only be around 10-12 E each way. 

20230502_205607.jpg

• Like 1