Water Slide on Crown?

2boyzmom

I think that's a shame- a 3,000 passenger ship should have at least one water slide... Is Princess a kid friendly ship?

I think you are loking at the wrong line-if you want something nicer then Carnival-check out Disney. Princess is more of an adult's friendly line.

By the way to the other post-Carnival spirit class ships has super slides that do not go into a pool-that made me HAPPY as I did not have to worry about kids coming off the slide running into me. I am not crazy about Carnival but if I cruise them I prefer the spirit class ships.

Please......if u need to go sliding there r plenty of other

C-Lines and ships in the oceans of the world.....leave Princess out of it. Things r quite nice and peaceful just as they r.

No.....I'm not against "kids and moms and their toys", DW and I brought up FOUR of our own and now have eleven grand-kids. Had enough backyard jungle-jims and slides and finally found and nice peaceful and restful corner of the world and don't need to be followed like I have been all my life up to now. It sounds to me like the princess-clan is just happy the way things r.

If you're going thru slide-withdrawl I'll be happy to send u one slide w/a 50 ft. garden hose and that should help alot.

Ciao 2boyzmom,

Wow! This definitely yells blue haired with an attitude!

I simply asked a question and am being blasted here. I only hope Princess cruiselines is not full of people like this!

"What's the deal here?" Well I was simply trying to answer your question, no "attitude" intended. My suggestion to check out the Princess website was just that - a suggestion. I certainly didn't mean to come across with a poor attitude, I'm so sorry I offended you.

"What's the deal here?" Well I was simply trying to answer your question, no "attitude" intended. My suggestion to check out the Princess website was just that - a suggestion. I certainly didn't mean to come across with a poor attitude, I'm so sorry I offended you.

Sorry I misread you :)

To answer your question...no the Crown does not have a water slide. Believe me I have been up and down the deck plan more then I want to say:rolleyes:

To answer your other question...is Princess kid friendly....I have never cruised with small children. My sons are grown so I tend to cruise at a time when there won't be too many children....'course all that will change whenever "I get me some grandbabies":D:D But I believe the time you have chosen to cruise the ship should have more children aboard because of the Holiday week.

Our first cruise to W. Carib on the Grand was great fun for our kids. They were then 6 & 8. There were plenty of other kids on the ship too even though the week we went was not during a "school vacation". I really don't remember any negative comments from older passengers but my kids are very well behaved and I've always insisted they be respectful of others around them especially when it comes to noise. The kidspace was nicely organized and the kids LOVED going there. Except for one formal night, they were there from 5-10pm every night! I can say pretty much the same for our cruise to Mexico that following Oct. The Diamond was the newer of the two ships and she had an even bigger room for the kids, with the same great staff. My kids would have enjoyed a water slide but they LOVED both these cruises regardless of that and that is why we booked more. It was a great family vacation.

Then we get to our most recent cruise. Ten days to the Panama Canal on the Coral. This was the same week in February as our Carib cruise but there were only 35 kids (including teens) on the whole ship. We figured this must be because most people won't take their kids out of school for so long of a time. The head gal of the kids program told us she didn't know why but this cruise/ship never got a lot of kids. Again the kidspace staff were wonderful. However, when we first boarded the kids wanted to go swimming right away. It was a rainy, cold, and overcast day. But, no problem, we'll go to our favorite pool that turns indoors when there is bad weather. When we arrived there we found a temporary sign standing by the entrance to the pool stating that "on the Coral this pool was reserved for adults only". We were less than pleased and complained. They would not take down the sign but said that since it was such bad weather, we could go there if no one came to complain. I was less that happy with that because I looked like I was just ignoring the sign! One woman from the deck above us repeatedlyand frantically pointing down at the sign! The kids were swimming around testing out their new snorkel make NOT A PEEP! Princess did not sell us this cruise as one catering to senior citizens. So I don't believe they shoud have had that sign up. However, we did not let this ruin our time and after the first two days the weather got better and we could use the outdoor pool.

Shortly after this (and we are still in port!) my husband started to notice the age of our fellow cruisers. We also started to notice negative remarks, snorts, and rolling of eyes. And lots of them. Now I must say there were some genuinely nice people. But I tell you, I could count them on one hand. It was so unbelievable to us that it finally became a big joke. On the last sea day my husband and and I (he's 50 & I'm 45) went to that darn indoor pool (which was empty as usual) and carried on and laughed VERY loudly. Really whooping it up. I even did a big cannon ball into the pool. We had a good laugh.

So my suggestion to you is to avoid 10 cruises, especially those to the Panama Canal on the Coral Princess. Try to go on a commonly given vacation week. Happy FAMILY cruising!!

My daughter loves Princess. It is all she knows, but she enjoyes the program. She would rather being playing with the other kids then hanging out with us. One thing I have heard is that other ships have salt water pools - princess is fresh water. There might be no slide, but my daughter hates salt water and would take fresh water over a slide anyday. The slide does look cool though. We have been on four different princess cruises, so we have a little knowledge on their kids program, any questions-- jusk ask

My son enjoyed his Princess cruise. He was in the 10-12 year old grouping. They did some fun activities and he made friends outside the kids club.

Most lines are now targeting children. Some do it better than others. Even Holland America, whose passengers tend to be older, have added a slide at their private beach Half Moon Cay. Granted it's not on the ship, but they designated space for the under-teens.

Princess does offer a childrens and teens program and I've heard many good reviews on it. There is a seperate meeting area for the younger group and one for the teens. I first sailed on Princess aboard the Grand when it was new, I was in 9th grade and went to the teens center a few times.

While Princess does offer a decent program for children and teens and has activities for them it is not their focus. By that I mean they do a good job of accomodating them but they are not out to attract large numbers of families. This is the reason they don't have the waterslide or rock climbing walls or a large number of family or connecting cabins on their ships.

If you decide to sail on Princess I believe you will enjoy yourself, overall it's a very good cruise line. The kids will enjoy themselves as well, they just won't have all of the "attractions" found on some of the other lines. In my opinion sometimes it is good for kids to just find other kids on the ship and have fun together.

I guarantee you that Princess is not filled with "blue-haired with an attitude". Of course there are a few, but there are on any cruise line and there are at land based resorts as well. Many people on these boards are great people and you will meet many new and intereresting people on a Princess cruise. The number of people on these boards is still only a small percentage of the general cruising public, don't let the attitude of a few bother you.

My daughter loves Princess. It is all she knows, but she enjoyes the program. She would rather being playing with the other kids then hanging out with us. One thing I have heard is that other ships have salt water pools - princess is fresh water. There might be no slide, but my daughter hates salt water and would take fresh water over a slide anyday. The slide does look cool though. We have been on four different princess cruises, so we have a little knowledge on their kids program, any questions-- jusk ask

Disney has fresh water pools also-and although they don't have the huge "water park" like slides that Carnival spirit and conquest class ships have-the kids pool did have a nice sized slide-about the size of the Carnival fanasty class ships.

Disney has fresh water pools also-and although they don't have the huge "water park" like slides that Carnival spirit and conquest class ships have-the kids pool did have a nice sized slide-about the size of the Carnival fanasty class ships.

Disney will also be a lot more money too!

2boyzmom,

This link will give you an idea of what is offered for kids 3 - 6 years old.

Be patient it takes a little time to look since it's a pdf file.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/kids3-6.pdf

Bill

Disney will also be a lot more money too!

2boyzmom,

This link will give you an idea of what is offered for kids 3 - 6 years old.

Be patient it takes a little time to look since it's a pdf file.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/kids3-6.pdf

Bill

True but if the OP does not like Carnival, and is interested in something for the kids more then herself-she may have to pay more.

Is a water slide that important? Maybe you can book a tour that goes to a water park or something...or take them to a water park before their trip!

so true-or do as we do-we often buy a yearly pass to the local waterpark and spend several summer Saturdays there-I am not looking for that on a cruise.

That is sort've how I also feel about the voyager class ships and the ice rink. I love ice skating shows-but after doing the MOS -I have decided it was not worth it. The show was not near as good in the small arena as it is in a big arena back at home-so I figure I can book another line and always go to a couple of ice shows a year back at home-and for what RCCL charges for those ships I can easily pay for a balcony cabin on Princess and still book those shows at home and still come out for less money.

The OP will just have to decide what she wants the most. I would tell the kids we are booking Princess instead of Carnival and we would get a summer's pass to the local waterpark and spend several Sats. there. If I was a kid I would go for that. I get a cruise and a summer's pass to the waterpark-sounds great to me.

Archived