TSA Lines at NOLA airport?

Shel71

We've never flown in or out of the NOLA airport before. I am curious for our disembarkment day how are the average TSA lines there? I have TSA-Pre but my son (18) does not. I am not worried about him going through security alone at all, obviously,  just curious on what kind of timing I can expect. We'll be flying Southwest if that matters. Thanks!

Edited by Shel71

I have never waited more than 5-10 minutes in TSA precheck at the NOLA (MSY) airport, but if there is a special event (Final Four, Super or Sugar Bowl, Jazz Fest, etc).  in town there can be long waits at the regular TSA line.  When are you disembarking?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lynda59 said:

I have never waited more than 5-10 minutes in TSA precheck at the NOLA (MSY) airport, but if there is a special event (Final Four, Super or Sugar Bowl, Jazz Fest, etc).  in town there can be long waits at the regular TSA line.  When are you disembarking?

We will be disembarking on Easter Sunday, 4/9. Our flight isn't until 2:20 so we have plenty of time, I was just curious what to expect since I've never flown through there before. We wouldn't be able to check in our luggage until 10:20 with the airline at the earliest so we'll take our time at the dock area and wander to an Uber.