Grandiosa theme night info

Malemew

Hey we’ll be cruising with MSc for the first time on 3rd feb 2023 from Barcelona.

does anyone have an idea / know what the theme nights will be and what the dress codes are. I’m hearing things about a flower night, gala night, 80’s night etc. 

do people go to dinner dressed up or is it eat and then get changed. 

I don’t want to take / buy extra clothes if I won’t be wearing them again.

thanks in advance e 

8 minutes ago, Malemew said:

Hey we’ll be cruising with MSc for the first time on 3rd feb 2023 from Barcelona.

does anyone have an idea / know what the theme nights will be and what the dress codes are. I’m hearing things about a flower night, gala night, 80’s night etc. 

do people go to dinner dressed up or is it eat and then get changed. 

I don’t want to take / buy extra clothes if I won’t be wearing them again.

thanks in advance e 

There is Gala night, white night, flower night and a 60’s/70’s or even 80’’s nights. It is very loosely adhered to whether people dress up or not. 

People who did, did go to dinner dressed up but were very much in the minority. 

I’d say if you want to dress up, go for it but like me if you don’t no one will think anything of it. It’s one of the benefits of MSC, it’s your choice what you wear and when. 

When we sailed on MSC, the only nights that were well adhered to were the formal/gala nights.  White Night also had a good bit of participation, dress-wise. Both of those were evident all over the ship, all evening.  Other than that, few or no pax in any theme attire.  It seems that the themes only refer to late night parties on upper deck (flower power/70s, Roaring Twenties on our cruises).  

Edited by shipgeeks
add