Cruise tour Debate: Princess vs Celebrity vs HAL

joeandsara04

Hi all, my wife and I are beginning to plan a 20th Anniversary trip to AK in 2024 and want to do a 11-13 day cruise tour (land first then one way to Vancouver). Trying to decide between Princess/Celebrity/HAL for this trip. Which one does the whole experience the best? And which one has come back from Covid the best in AK?

• Like 1

I personally would rule Celebrity out. The reason is that they don't go to Glacier Bay. I would pick an itinerary that goes to Glacier Bay for your first trip as it is always accessible. Hubbard Glacier (where Celebrity goes), ships often can't get up close. When they do - it is amazing but when they can't, it is disappointing. Both HAL and Princess have itineraries that include Glacier Bay and may also include Hubbard Glacier. 2 glacier days is best. Save Celebrity for your next visit.

I would look at the times in port and what you want to do in each port and decide from there. Also, realize that the main road in Denali is not open all the way due to rock slide - so I would not spend a lot of time there. Worth visiting, just don't pick an itinerary that spends 3 nights there.

I have no clue which has come back best after COVID.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1