Formal nights on Holland America

jbinpa

Hi. How does Holland America handle formal nights? I'm going on a 7-day Alaska cruise at the end of May/beginning of June on the Koningsdam. I've been on cruises before, but not in more than a decade, and never on HA. Does HA do them? And if I don't want to haul a suit and tie (and requisite accessories) with me to Alaska will there be non-formal dining options on those nights? Thanks!

1 hour ago, jbinpa said:

Hi. How does Holland America handle formal nights? I'm going on a 7-day Alaska cruise at the end of May/beginning of June on the Koningsdam. I've been on cruises before, but not in more than a decade, and never on HA. Does HA do them? And if I don't want to haul a suit and tie (and requisite accessories) with me to Alaska will there be non-formal dining options on those nights? Thanks!

Below is from the HAL website - FAQ regarding Clothing. I don't believe you'll have any formal nights on an Alaska cruise - they are only on Grand Voyages. So, dress will be either casual or 'dressy' - which is basically just 'nicely dressed' (jackets are not that common). 🍺🥌

Clothing

Daytime dress is casual. Shirts/cover-ups and footwear are always required indoors.

Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate. Shorts, pool and beachwear, distressed jeans and tank tops are not permitted in table service restaurants.

On Dressy Nights we take it up a notch and recommend slacks, skirts, dresses, blouses, collared shirts and jackets.

Jeans, shorts and T-shirts are only allowed in the casual dining restaurants.

On Grand Voyages when suggested attire is Formal, suits or dresses are recommended.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Below is from the HAL website - FAQ regarding Clothing. I don't believe you'll have any formal nights on an Alaska cruise - they are only on Grand Voyages. So, dress will be either casual or 'dressy' - which is basically just 'nicely dressed' (jackets are not that common). 🍺🥌

Clothing

Daytime dress is casual. Shirts/cover-ups and footwear are always required indoors.

Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate. Shorts, pool and beachwear, distressed jeans and tank tops are not permitted in table service restaurants.

On Dressy Nights we take it up a notch and recommend slacks, skirts, dresses, blouses, collared shirts and jackets.

Jeans, shorts and T-shirts are only allowed in the casual dining restaurants.

On Grand Voyages when suggested attire is Formal, suits or dresses are recommended.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful - and a relief. I was not looking forward to having to haul a suit for one night of what will be a 12-day trip (I'm adding on some time in Vancouver before the cruise and Seattle afterward).

• Like 1