Princess Plus for passengers 3 & 4, with a twist...

nwnittany

Got the itch and booked a Dec 2023 cruise that qualified for 'Best Sale Ever', which I guess gives a good price and some OBC.  I booked a suite for DW, 2 kids, and myself.  When booking online, I was only able to add Princess Plus to passengers 1 and 2.  I've had this happen before, and in that case, a quick chat session with a Princess rep was able to solve it. 

But this time I was told that I couldn't add Plus to passengers 3 and 4 since I booked using the 'Best Sale Ever' fare, and the only way to add this was to change the booking to a Standard fare (and forfeiting the OBC and I'm not sure what else). 

I'll keep trying and maybe I'll eventually get someone who will use a 'manager override' (I just made up - no idea if it will be possible) or something like that. 

My question is - why would Princess want to prohibit buying Plus (or Premiere, for that matter) for passengers 3 and 4?  It would seem like this is something they would want purchased.  Is it intentional, or just some unintended consequence of the way they structured the fares/booking system ? 

29 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Have you tried adding it yourself online in Cruise Personalizer?

Edit: That is to say, tried adding it to the now-complete booking?

Like MsSoCalCruiser said, I don't think the site will allow you to do this..normally have to contact Princess. 

But, I guess my question would still apply - why not make it easy for passengers 3 and 4 ?  Or, is it just a small bug ?

For those following, problem solved with a phone call to Princess.  Was actually timely and pleasant. 

I guess my question still applies, though....I just wonder why Princess makes it so hard...the two preferred methods (from the Princess viewpoint) of web site, and chat, don't work. 

Ah well, first world problems !   Looking forward to another great cruise.  Hope to see some of  you there and also hope to finally try the suite breakfast (I'm 0 for 2 on this one).

13 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I suspect you originally got a rep that didn’t know the most recent codes or didn’t know how to add them (maybe they were new).  It’s actually very simple for TA or rep to add the code for what you wanted. 

You're probably right.  My plan all along was to try a few times until I got the "right" rep. 

My main curiosity was just for sport....ie, wondering why it wasn't a simple thing since (I think) this is something Princess actually WANTS...lol.   Happy cruising !

• Like 1