10 Minute walk outside of port area

junglecat

We will be in Amber Cove in two weeks and have found an excursion that fits our needs/wants that is not with Carnival.  The description states that they are "a 10 minute walk outside of the port area" which makes me a little nervous and DH A LOT nervous!  LOL.  We did this years ago at Roatan and met up with "Ronald McDonald" and did his tour without incident.  Obviously years ago, and another country.  I myself have never felt threatened anywhere we've been but DH get's a little uneasy.  We are looking to book something with Shore Excursioneer for a beach day.  Has anyone ever used them before?  They have great reviews and I actually found them here on Cruise Critic.  I also want your input on that 10 minute walk outside the port area.  

Thanks all!  Your help is much appreciated as always.  

On 1/17/2023 at 7:22 AM, junglecat said:

We will be in Amber Cove in two weeks and have found an excursion that fits our needs/wants that is not with Carnival.  The description states that they are "a 10 minute walk outside of the port area" which makes me a little nervous and DH A LOT nervous!  LOL.  We did this years ago at Roatan and met up with "Ronald McDonald" and did his tour without incident.  Obviously years ago, and another country.  I myself have never felt threatened anywhere we've been but DH get's a little uneasy.  We are looking to book something with Shore Excursioneer for a beach day.  Has anyone ever used them before?  They have great reviews and I actually found them here on Cruise Critic.  I also want your input on that 10 minute walk outside the port area.  

Thanks all!  Your help is much appreciated as always.  

We did the 10 minute walk outside of Amber Cove a year ago to meet a tour provider.  No problem.  When you are returned to the same spot to be dropped off, there will be a cab available can can enter and drop you off much closer to the ship.  I think it was $5 a person.  Definitely worth it.