Help with travel logistics, Seward to Denali

Mountaineer0313

We disembark on September 1 in Seward. Our flight home from Anchorage isn't until September 5th. Since we've done the Kenai Peninsula twice, I'd like to head more interior to Denali. I already checked for rental cars that could be picked up in Seward and returned in Anchorage, that's a no go, none available for one way. The train from Seward to Anchorage on the day we disembark doesn't leave til 6 pm, with 10 pn arrival in Anchorage, which means we lose an entire day. Any ideas for the best way to do this from seasoned Alaska travelers?

Doesn’t your cruiseline have a transfer to Anchorage?  That would get you to the airport by train or bus.  There are other options if you look online.  You can rent a car at the airport or there are cheaper locations in downtown Anchorage.

Just now, oaktreerb said:

Doesn’t your cruiseline have a transfer to Anchorage?  That would get you to the airport by train or bus.  There are other options if you look online.  You can rent a car at the airport or there are cheaper locations in downtown Anchorage.

As of yet, there are no transfers listed to the Airport except one that includes a wildlife cruise and lunch, then a bus to the airport. Which, again, wastes a whole day. I'll check the bus schedule and see if there's a bus transfer from Seward to Anchorage that will get me there quickly and early.

6 minutes ago, Stayinggolden83 said:

I know Alaska Tour and Travel has buses that go from Seward to Anchorage. I think they have one that leaves at like 11:00 am. You could try that. 

The park connection bus has a 9:45 pick up at the cruise dock that gets us to Anchorage airport at 12:30, so I think my questions have been answered on that end. I just posted about lodging and food though, if you have any input on that!