Linking Reservations

Fouremco

We have booked a family cruise for next January with a total of 4 separate reservations. I have linked the other three to simplify meal reservations, shore excursions and the like.

As DW and I normally cruise together, not with family or friends, I'm not sure of all of the ins and outs of linking. So a couple of questions:

1. If I've linked all of the reservations to my account, will the other family members automatically have the same access from their accounts for making group reservations?

2. If not, can they just go into their accounts and link everyone to their reservations too, or does the system allow only one account holder to link the reservations?

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

We have booked a family cruise for next January with a total of 4 separate reservations. I have linked the other three to simplify meal reservations, shore excursions and the like.

As DW and I normally cruise together, not with family or friends, I'm not sure of all of the ins and outs of linking. So a couple of questions:

1. If I've linked all of the reservations to my account, will the other family members automatically have the same access from their accounts for making group reservations?

2. If not, can they just go into their accounts and link everyone to their reservations too, or does the system allow only one account holder to link the reservations?

My experience is that you go to the cruise planner and when you choose an event the linked Paxs will be listed and simply click on their names.  You will see the results when you place the transaction in the cart.

• Like 1

We have two rooms for our family of 5. I am in one room and my wife is in the other for booking purposes. I simply added her reservation to my account, and then she added mine to hers. Anytime I go to book excursions, dining reservations, show reservations, drink packages, etc., I have the ability to add any/all the members to that package. So, you can pay and reserve for all the members of your group, but they need to each add the rest of the group to their accounts to make reservations/purchases on others behalf. However, they still have full control of their individual accounts as well. 

Hopefully, I didn't make that too confusing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My experience is that you go to the cruise planner and when you choose an event the linked Paxs will be listed and simply click on their names.  You will see the results when you place the transaction in the cart.

Thanks. That part I'm ok with, I can go in and book a show for all of us. But will my son, for example, be able to do so, or would he first have to create his own links to the other reservations. While it's not a big problem having just one person - me - making group reservations, it might be easier if others could too.

1 minute ago, bshafercruise said:

We have two rooms for our family of 5. I am in one room and my wife is in the other for booking purposes. I simply added her reservation to my account, and then she added mine to hers. Anytime I go to book excursions, dining reservations, show reservations, drink packages, etc., I have the ability to add any/all the members to that package. So, you can pay and reserve for all the members of your group, but they need to each add the rest of the group to their accounts to make reservations/purchases on others behalf. However, they still have full control of their individual accounts as well. 

Hopefully, I didn't make that too confusing. 

So if I understand you correctly, the links are "one way". You linked your wife's reservation to yours and could make bookings for her, but she couldn't book for you until she too went through the linking process and linked your reservation to hers.

Oh, just saw your followup post. That confirms it, both parties need to go through the linking process if they want to book on the other's behalf. Thank you!