3 rooms, but only 2 adults?

fsjosh

I have a friend that is going on a cruise with us next year that have 8 people altogether, but of those 8, only two are over 21, and the rest are between 19 and 13. They are wanting to book 3 rooms, but I know Royal has the policy about having a person 21 and up in each room. I know there's some exceptions for connecting rooms, so my question is this. Do they allow you to put an adult with some of the group in one room, and another adult in 2 connecting rooms with the rest of the group? 

9 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

I have a friend that is going on a cruise with us next year that have 8 people altogether, but of those 8, only two are over 21, and the rest are between 19 and 13. They are wanting to book 3 rooms, but I know Royal has the policy about having a person 21 and up in each room. I know there's some exceptions for connecting rooms, so my question is this. Do they allow you to put an adult with some of the group in one room, and another adult in 2 connecting rooms with the rest of the group? 

As long as the room is beside or directly across the hall from an adult, minors can be in a room without an adult.  They do not have to be connecting. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as the room is beside or directly across the hall from an adult, minors can be in a room without an adult.  They do not have to be connecting. 

Is that still true if the adults are not the parents of the minors?

On 1/19/2023 at 1:18 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I know I have booked one child and one unrelated minor in a cabin beside a parent, haven't had the situation arises with 2 minors where there patents were not beside them. 

I booked 3 cabins in a row on Oasis of the Seas today.  Parents in the middle.  Son/Friend on one side.  Daughter/Friend on the other side.  First agent noted waiver on Son/Friend cabin but then stated that Daughter/Friend cabin is a violation of their policy.  I called back and got different agent.  Didn't mention Son/Friend room and he noted waiver on Daughter/Friend room.  Do you think I'm ok to move forward with this?

5 minutes ago, ericschumacher said:

I booked 3 cabins in a row on Oasis of the Seas today.  Parents in the middle.  Son/Friend on one side.  Daughter/Friend on the other side.  First agent noted waiver on Son/Friend cabin but then stated that Daughter/Friend cabin is a violation of their policy.  I called back and got different agent.  Didn't mention Son/Friend room and he noted waiver on Daughter/Friend room.  Do you think I'm ok to move forward with this?

I would call back and ask for clarification.  You don't want to have yhfm canceling a room on you..   easy enough to fix by splitting up tjebpardnts into 2 tools.  Once onboard you can have people sleep wherever. 

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would call back and ask for clarification.  You don't want to have yhfm canceling a room on you..   easy enough to fix by splitting up tjebpardnts into 2 tools.  Once onboard you can have people sleep wherever. 

Thank you!!!

Guest phd1003

When we looked into it, we were told the adult would need to be 25 if acting as guardian to children under 18. 

Edited by phd1003
Misspelled