Special dining offer on Discovery Princess Jan 28th phone call. Is it legit?

Purple Gallinule

We got a phone call this afternoon asking if we wanted to take part in a special dining offer for invited guests only. The person I spoke to was very hard to understand, but she seemed to have all our information, asked for no money and said the offer was free for invited guests. Have any of you had this offer or know anything that would help me?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

We got a phone call this afternoon asking if we wanted to take part in a special dining offer for invited guests only. The person I spoke to was very hard to understand, but she seemed to have all our information, asked for no money and said the offer was free for invited guests. Have any of you had this offer or know anything that would help me?

Thanks.

Was it for the 360 dining experience?  Are you in a full suite?  What did you have to do?

I see Discovery is the ship.

What did you tell them?

If it was the 360 dining, it may have been legit. I’ve only heard of the invitation once OB. Maybe they are doing it ahead?

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was it for the 360 dining experience? What ship?  Are you in a full suite?  What did you have to do?

We are on Discovery and we are elite, but not in a suite (Club Class mini). We did not have to do anything but select a time. I am not familiar with 360 dining experience.

7 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Thanks.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/360-experience/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Purple Gallinule said:

We are on Discovery and we are elite, but not in a suite (Club Class mini). We did not have to do anything but select a time. I am not familiar with 360 dining experience.

I just sent you a link to read about it.

It has had great reviews!  

• Thanks 1

Consider yourself very lucky to have been asked to attend this unique experience.  You will soon understand why it is called an experience rather than a dinner.  It is true some guests are called at home while one gentleman got his phone call while on the way to the airport.  Our contact was done once onboard, and we were not in a suite.  Rafael is amazing and with a wonderful personality!  His training of his servers is top notch.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WE also got the call for the experience yesterday. I read about it so I was very excited to be asked to join in that experience.  All we had to do was choose a time and day.  Don't know where to go but was told we would received info when on board.  Very happy.  We are in a mini suite.  See you on board.

9 hours ago, Catherine Claus said:

WE also got the call for the experience yesterday. I read about it so I was very excited to be asked to join in that experience.  All we had to do was choose a time and day.  Don't know where to go but was told we would received info when on board.  Very happy.  We are in a mini suite.  See you on board.

This is where we met when we went in late October.  The yellow highlighted spot should be roped off with a 360 backdrop for photos.  We got there roughly 10 minutes before dining time.

image.png.a3bed59070c2cf23d84954d12d6926ee.png

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 10:23 PM, AVCruzers said:

Consider yourself very lucky to have been asked to attend this unique experience.  You will soon understand why it is called an experience rather than a dinner.  It is true some guests are called at home while one gentleman got his phone call while on the way to the airport.  Our contact was done once onboard, and we were not in a suite.  Rafael is amazing and with a wonderful personality!  His training of his servers is top notch.  

Rafael has more charm in his little finger than most people have in their whole body!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, Catherine Claus said:

When you received the call, did Princess come up on your Caller ID or was it marked Potential Spam?  I usually ignore those calls, but may start answering them now if I could get an invitation to this experience!