RIU Palace reviews?

Sun Lover

Has anyone been to RIU Palace recently to use their day pass?  Did you buy it at the resort that day or did you purchase it ahead of time?  I was looking at booking it through Resort For a Day.  Their price is $129/person with a $29 nonrefundable deposit per person.  You have to cancel two days before your cruise departure date so if it happened to be pouring rain that day, we would have to lose the deposit in order to cancel.  The resort said you can buy the day passes that day at the desk but I'm concerned they might be limited and run out and we wouldn't know that until arrival.  I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has been there and if you think the resort was worth the price and what your experience was like.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 12:08 PM, Sun Lover said:

Has anyone been to RIU Palace recently to use their day pass?  Did you buy it at the resort that day or did you purchase it ahead of time?  I was looking at booking it through Resort For a Day.  Their price is $129/person with a $29 nonrefundable deposit per person.  You have to cancel two days before your cruise departure date so if it happened to be pouring rain that day, we would have to lose the deposit in order to cancel.  The resort said you can buy the day passes that day at the desk but I'm concerned they might be limited and run out and we wouldn't know that until arrival.  I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has been there and if you think the resort was worth the price and what your experience was like.  Thanks.

We purchased a day pass for the Riu, and were just there last week during our 2/4 sailing on the Anthem of the Seas.  Group taxi fare from the pier was $5 per person. The check-in process was a bit tedious--they were on "Bahamas time" not "NYC time" lol.  We did not visit the breakfast buffet, but there was a coffee and pastry counter inside the hotel lobby.

It is in a good location and on a pretty beach.  The attendant will set up beach chairs and umbrella, and a little table for you. There were many lounge chairs all around the pool, a swim up bar, and a regular bar, and pool activities. There are shady areas around the pool as well.  Music was a little loud but not uncomfortably so.  Towels were provided.

At lunch time, there was a full buffet inside, and it was extremely good!  Many, many selections of hot and cold foods, dessert, and fresh fruit.  Out at the pool, there were hot dogs, nachos, and jerk pork and chicken, rice, and sides. 

For the return trip, there were taxis waiting right at the hotel entrance. It was just the two of us, so the private taxi was $17 total for us both, plus we added a tip.

We are not big drinkers at all, so we will likely not do this one again. If you are drinkers, this all-inclusive resort was well-worth it, and combined with a great buffet and food choices you will absolutely get your money's worth.

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, donnapeggy said:

Are there beach activities? Did you see parasailers near that we could partake in?  Want to do this but don't want to just be stuck sitting the entire time after getting off the ship it's nice to move around and do some physical activitity!

There are local vendors on the beach with water sport activities, not sure of the cost or safety factors.

1 hour ago, donnapeggy said:

Are there beach activities? Did you see parasailers near that we could partake in?  Want to do this but don't want to just be stuck sitting the entire time after getting off the ship it's nice to move around and do some physical activitity!

There is also a beach volleyball set up, which was in use while we were there.  Here is their website which may have more info for you.

https://www.riu.com/en/hotel/bahamas/paradise-island/hotel-riu-palace-paradise-island/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=my_business&utm_content=XPI