Disembark Time from Rome

Lolivas

I am going on a 10 Day Italy, Spain, France trip in July 2023 beginning and ending in Rome. I am looking at flights home right now and would like to get some advice from anyone who has Disembarked in Rome to figure out the best time to book my flight that same day. What time did you get off the boat? How long did it take you to get to the airport and to your gate? What is the earliest time you would recommend for my return flight?

2 hours ago, Lolivas said:

I am going on a 10 Day Italy, Spain, France trip in July 2023 beginning and ending in Rome. I am looking at flights home right now and would like to get some advice from anyone who has Disembarked in Rome to figure out the best time to book my flight that same day. What time did you get off the boat? How long did it take you to get to the airport and to your gate? What is the earliest time you would recommend for my return flight?

I’d check with a local transport company. NCL do an airport transfer to fiumico (?) but not ciampino.  Ciampino is the airport used by Ryanair and other European budget airlines and is further from the port. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Wife and I are on an NCL 10 day from Italy to Greece, Malta, France and Italy in July of 2023.  We chose to stay in Rome the day we get back for this exact reason.  Been told it take between 60-90 minutes to get from ship to FCO.  We didn't want to be rushed

We (family of 4) carried our four 20kg suit cases off when the ship docked at 7am, to catch a flight at 11am from FCO airport with Aer Lingus. We used Airports Taxi Transfers.

No problem at all, I even had time for 2 pints of local craft beer in the airport 😀

We done the same when docking in Civitavecchia and flying out from 
Ciampino @ 12 noon back in 2017.

Same again, no issues with the private transfer, had time for some food and a couple of pints before take off!