San Pedro Berth 46 Embarkation

gunner22a

Our cruise in Feb has been moved to berth 46 in the outer harbor from the main cruise terminal.  Has anyone ever left from there before?  If so what was it like and more importantly can a taxi take us directly there.  Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide.

1 hour ago, gunner22a said:

Our cruise in Feb has been moved to berth 46 in the outer harbor from the main cruise terminal.  Has anyone ever left from there before?  If so what was it like and more importantly can a taxi take us directly there.  Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide.

I left from there on my Princess cruise last September. Our Uber driver dropped us off right inside the parking lot where the big white tents were, so yes, your taxi driver can drop you right there.

You dropped your luggage and then walked right next to that for check in, then on the ship. It was very easy but there was no debarking passengers to deal with because this was the first sailing for Sapphire after the pause.

It was actually really pretty sailing away from there.

• Thanks 1

I left from LA on the Joy on Jan 6. A taxi or uber will drop you off in front of the tent to check in. You will wait in the tent until called by boarding group to proceed to a bus. The bus will carry you about 1000 feet to the screening area (no you can not walk, security will not allow it), and after the scanner checks, you will walk on the gangplanks to deck 6.