jeep in juneau

Mrs Soap

Hey everyone we will be in Juneau in early may on the NA...Im looking at doing the tour with self guided jeep which comes with a choice of 2 door or 4 door. Theres on 2 of us so obviously 2 doors is fine and cheaper, however there is already a waiting list for that. If I wanted to get a 4 door that is available at a higher cost.

Is this likely the case? or do they just try to sell out of 4 doors first to get more money?

TIA

Kylie

If the Great Baldini is still alive it may be a few extra rounds of Duck Farts as he's so entertaining.  Was still alive in September. OmG we go to Alaska too much

@CruiserBruceall good, we can converse there.  We are not tour sharing,  only a little discussion about fun excurion we are both taking independently.  @Mrs Soap sign up on the roll call please, we dont want to break the rules.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 5:23 AM, arpie05 said:

Just a side note - Princess charges $305 vs NCL $499 for same excursion. 

interesting...shame I cant book through them. And even when I go direct to unplugged adventures it makes you book through the cruiseline.

for the 4 door its 459$ seems huge money for a jeep and it now seems any car rental places are at the airport>??

On 1/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, arpie05 said:

Just a side note - Princess charges $305 vs NCL $499 for same excursion. 

How are the cruiselines involved?  Don't you just book the cars through Budget, Avis, or Hertz?  We rented a car in Juneau for about 50 to 60 USD.  

2 hours ago, Mrs Soap said:

for the 4 door its 459$ seems huge money for a jeep and it now seems any car rental places are at the airport>??

We rented a car from one of the regular car rental agencies (Avis, Herts, or Budget, can't remember which one), and they all had cars available at the cruise ship dock.  No reason to go to the airport.  It was about 50-60 USD, but that was a few years back.

From what i can see the car rentals are now at the airport...i had also read somewhere in the forum recently that the port avis had been closed.

In doing numerous searches i can find a car rental company in town.

the cruiseline was involved as they offer a shore excursion with a jeep rental through unplugged adventures but when you try to book directly they direct you back to your cruise company

6 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

From what i can see the car rentals are now at the airport...i had also read somewhere in the forum recently that the port avis had been closed.

Look, you are going to have to do some digging. Who did you call at Juneau?  When I tried to make reservations, nothing came back either, but I just called the local branch of the rental agency, and had them open up their rental shack that was on the dock. 

From Google maps, it appears that the car rental shacks are still there.  

3 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

yes true and no i havent called anyone...we are in australia so a little tricky with the time zones etc but i could email for sure

What a coincidence.  I am getting ready to head to Perth, and just talked last night to fabricator of GVM of the ute that I am renting. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

yes true and no i havent called anyone...we are in australia so a little tricky with the time zones etc but i could email for sure

I loved Juneau, but unlike in Australia, in the US, most car rental agencies won't allow you to drive off road.  Note that all jeeps in the Unplugged Adventures promotional video are on sealed pavement.