NCL JEWEL - cigar lounge

Arrow34

• 3 months later...

Following.  How were the prices for the cigars?  I wondering if it's better to pack a few or if they are reasonable just getting them on-board.  On the Escape the cigar lounge was right next to the whiskey bar and the server went in a lot for drinks.   

On the Jewel the cigar lounge is next to Le Bistro, and in the same area as the Champagne & Martini bars. Although all 3 bars are next to each other.

image.png.e332d27446928ee4d246d688ff84c8d4.png

It gets pretty crowded in there at times according to the DH. As far as pricing goes, DH says that they are more expensive than what you would probably pay at home. He is like @Arrow34 where he tends to smore 1-3 a day while on vacation so he brings a lot with him as well.

14 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Thanks Arrow34.  If your on the Alaska August 21st cruise I'll see you in there.  And if you in a giving mood i prefer Maduro.  

If I was,I would have a maduro or suitably tasty stick waiting.  Unfortunately I am on the Jewel for the May 1st northbound leg. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cigars on the ship are highly over-priced and in, my experience, not stored properly.  They tend to be on the dry side.  You are much better off by getting a travel humidor and taking a few of your own sticks.  For a weeklong cruise I would suggest about 30 to 40 cigars, unless you're a heavy smoker, then I would bring 50!

Elvis