Vaping on quantum of the seas

Kitalion

On 2/5/2023 at 10:54 AM, Ret MP said:

I don't have a problem with following rules, I know that's not your point.  I just always feel that I need to get that out there.  I may not agree with them all but I'll follow them.

My overall point is complaining or making issue with those that don't have a problem a passive action.  If you said that you like to smell Chanel #5 and I get deathly sick from it, I won't make issue with you by name or in any other way.  Your post/response addresses a person that was not smoking, just smelling the smoke and not having a problem with it or actually enjoying it.  Again, not engaging in the action(s) that offend you.

AND, I know that there are rules governing smoking on a ship and elsewhere.  I was just asking if people don't like this, that, or the other, do we make new rules/regulations/laws for them, where does it all stop.  Where does my rights end and your rights begin.  No, I'm not asking for rules governing the smell of fish or perfume.  We have enough rules/regulations/laws already.

I think it is clear that your issue (and I don't blame you) is with people smoking in unauthorized areas.  Not with those, like me, that don't mind the smell of smokers/smoking.  So, I don't know why the need to find issue with those that don't mind it, they're not smoking, just breathing.

If we were to meet and you had a problem with Chanel #5 I wouldn't wear that perfume. Especially if you let me know ahead of time. People should think about others instead of themselves all the time. I know it's an outdated mode of thinking. Hope you have a great day.

1 minute ago, cruise1957 said:

If we were to meet and you had a problem with Chanel #5 I wouldn't wear that perfume. Especially if you let me know ahead of time. People should think about others instead of themselves all the time. I know it's an outdated mode of thinking. Hope you have a great day.

By that logic you shouldn't wear any perfume as you're going to meet people everyday who don't like certain scents.   Thinking about others works both ways.

53 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Thank you!   Folks, proof positive that there are still some people with common sense and common decency.  

BTW, I'm sure you know this but just to be clear for others, I really don't mind Chanel #5.  That was my mom's favorite perfume and the first thing/example that came to mind.  However, I do get ill with the smell of none fresh fish.  

On 2/8/2023 at 8:59 PM, Ret MP said:

Thank you!   Folks, proof positive that there are still some people with common sense and common decency.  

BTW, I'm sure you know this but just to be clear for others, I really don't mind Chanel #5.  That was my mom's favorite perfume and the first thing/example that came to mind.  However, I do get ill with the smell of none fresh fish.  

I assumed that, I mean who could dislike Chanel #5, I however have an extreme dislike of Poison, to me it smells like an extreme version of Grape Jelly, makes me ill. UGH. 

I love the smell of salt air while on a cruise ship. Nothing better.

• Like 1

Guest TopoChico
1 hour ago, cruise1957 said:

I assumed that, I mean who could dislike Chanel #5, I however have an extreme dislike of Poison, to me it smells like an extreme version of Grape Jelly, makes me ill. UGH. 

I love the smell of salt air while on a cruise ship. Nothing better.

Omg women still wear Poison??? You are so right about the grape jelly smell!!!!!! 

When it was really popular in the early/mid 80s, I bought a bottle of it and Halston Night in Jamaica, and someone stole it and my husband’s Halston 112 😂 from our suitcase! We were 20 years old and it was our first big trip together. We weren’t even old enough to drink 😊

22 minutes ago, TopoChico said:

Omg women still wear Poison??? You are so right about the grape jelly smell!!!!!! 

When it was really popular in the early/mid 80s, I bought a bottle of it and Halston Night in Jamaica, and someone stole it and my husband’s Halston 112 😂 from our suitcase! We were 20 years old and it was our first big trip together. We weren’t even old enough to drink 😊

All I know is my SIL used to wear it all the time! It's still around, but I don't know if anyone still wears it.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, BND said:

By that logic you shouldn't wear any perfume as you're going to meet people everyday who don't like certain scents. 

Perfumes and colognes should be discovered, not announced. If people smell your fake odors before they are near you, you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1