Onboard Vista Now Thoughts

RCmommy

8 minutes ago, hillbillycruisers said:

That's good. Maybe they switched piano players. The one on our cruise in November was very drab...and set the tone for a dismal piano bar. Two weeks ago on the Dream, we had a great one...fun...interacted well with the people...lots of crowd participation....very loud and fun. We always do the piano bar on cruises, and the one on the Vista in November has been our only bad experience. I know they do change the piano guys...our guy on the Dream told us he was a couple weeks away from a vacation. 

The piano bar is either ice cold or red hot on a cruise, rarely any in-between I've noticed.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:21 AM, hillbillycruisers said:

We were on the Vista in November and had a great Cruise Director...apparently she is no longer there. Vista was a good Cruise, but we did have the propulsion issues, and was late getting back to Galveston. We very much enjoyed Ji Ji's restaurant as a lunch alternative...and it's free. Liked the fact that...unlike the Dream...Vista has a Red Frog Pub...fun place to hang out as a group, play shuffleboard, etc. Didn't care for the drab piano bar atmosphere...it was like being in a morgue...at least on our cruise. And didn't like the theater seat set up....very poor designed, with few tables for drinks. Our Vista cruise went to our three favorite ports, at least when sailing out of Galveston. 

In July we had TJ the cruise director on the Sunshine.  He has said he is moving to The Vista in March 2023 I believe.  He is originally from Houston so quite excited about Galveston.  He was fantastic.  A real hype man.  Everywhere on the ship and always 'on'

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RCmommy said:

In July we had TJ the cruise director on the Sunshine.  He has said he is moving to The Vista in March 2023 I believe.  He is originally from Houston so quite excited about Galveston.  He was fantastic.  A real hype man.  Everywhere on the ship and always 'on'

A good CD helps make the cruise extra fun. We've had some very good ones, and unfortunately had one guy who was very arrogant and stuffy. 

4 hours ago, RCmommy said:

Great news, we’ll be on the Vista in April, thanks!

• 1 month later...