Has anyone flown ITA Airways.

mikebsxm

Cruising out of Trieste, but need a RT flight from PHL to VCE, Marco Polo on June 8, 2023.

Checking Holland America's Flight Ease, most of the lowest price fares are sold by ITA, but actually flown by Air Canada, United, etc.  Some are sold and operated by ITA using an A-330.

I guess ITA is the replacement for the defunct Alitalia.  Anyone have an experience with ITA?

6 hours ago, mikebsxm said:

Cruising out of Trieste, but need a RT flight from PHL to VCE, Marco Polo on June 8, 2023.

Checking Holland America's Flight Ease, most of the lowest price fares are sold by ITA, but actually flown by Air Canada, United, etc.  Some are sold and operated by ITA using an A-330.

I guess ITA is the replacement for the defunct Alitalia.  Anyone have an experience with ITA?

Yes, they are the replacement Alitalia.  They are owned by the government of Italy.  Being government owned I would not be worried that they are going to disapear.

If your booked on codeshares operated by Air Canada and United then it comes down to those to airlines for the in flight experience.  I am fan of Air Canada over United but honestly they are both very close to each other.

I don't fly longhaul on Air Canada or United often, but when I have, I've found them pretty much interchangeable in both soft and hard product. I would choose the pricing and times that work best for you. One perk of United may be that you could just drive up to Newark and fly nonstop to VCE from there. 

Not sure how you plan to get from Venice to Trieste, but if it's by road, it might also be worth looking at Ljubljana. You could fly, say, PHL-Frankfurt-Ljubljana on Lufthansa, or PHL-London-Ljubljana on British Airways. The driving time is actually shorter from Ljubljana to Trieste than it is from Venice to Trieste. If you're look at trains, ignore this, because the train is much longer from Ljubljana than from Venice.