Passengers being offloaded now at Jamaica

54 minutes ago, YMAM said:

Does anyone have any more info about Discovery 2. Supposed to be boarding her next week, 7th Feb, but starting to worry about it now

from FB 

"Hey everyone, trying to put a positive post out there. As with everyone else, have spent the last 24 hours stressing over all the uncertainty regarding whether or not the cruise on 7th February will go ahead. I have just had a phone call from our agent who has spoken, as an agent, to TUI. They have reassured her that once the passengers disembark tomorrow(31st) the ship is going to spend the next week being maintained and restocked. Because the Thrusters have been broken and delivery ports have not been visited the ship's supplies have run down to an unmanageable level . They intend to definitely have the ship back up and running for the 7th. We can only take what's been advised on face value but I do feel somewhat reassured that we will now be going on 7th. Feeling better about ours and subsequent trips but gutted for everyone whose holiday was cancelled or cut short."

I feel happier now I’ve read the reply and do feel so sorry for the passengers that have been affected. The must be gutted. Last February we were booked on the explorer from Jamaica and it was cancelled a week before sailing.  We were lucky cause we were able to change to the Discovery from Barbados