Most All-Inclusive?

wanderingnsw

Hello, 

I'm planning a cruise for the first time ever and want to go to Alaska this summer. I will be traveling with my husband and our 5-year-old daughter. We prefer a smaller ship and no need for tons (or any) of 'kids' activities. I'm more interested in seeing Alaska than I am in cruise activities. 

My husband is not sure about cruising because he hates all-inclusive resorts and is worried that a cruise will be the same thing on a boat. 

So after doing a bit of research, I think booking Regent will be the best option for us, but wanted to get others opinions. I'd prefer a cruise where most costs are upfront (so excursions are included in the price), where the food is good, and we can get the most space. 

Regent is an amazing cruise line however your 5 year old might be really bored. I am sure there will be a few children as it is an Alaska itinerary however not many. Food is great. Cabins are spacious for a cruise. Included excursions are ok, however I find that I have to pay extra for the ones I really want.  Don't wait too long to book as the excursions and dining reservations will be booked up.