Warning: Taxis, Paradise Beach vs San Francisco Beach

jbrinkm

It seems that the taxis in Cozumel are pushing San Francisco Beach Club (Playa San Francisco) in place of Paradise Beach, in sometimes underhanded ways. We experienced this in April and I've seen other reports since then. 

If you don't have an AI reservation ahead of time for Paradise Beach, I strongly encourage anyone trying to go there to call ahead and confirm that they have space for PAYG. If they say yes - don't let your taxi take you anywhere else. It sounds to me like they may be getting a kickback for anyone they bring to San Francisco Club. I've also seen Paradise Beach put on their website when they are sold out so if you can see that ahead of time, just make alternate plans BEFORE you get into a taxi. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

It seems that the taxis in Cozumel are pushing San Francisco Beach Club (Playa San Francisco) in place of Paradise Beach, in sometimes underhanded ways. We experienced this in April and I've seen other reports since then. 

If you don't have an AI reservation ahead of time for Paradise Beach, I strongly encourage anyone trying to go there to call ahead and confirm that they have space for PAYG. If they say yes - don't let your taxi take you anywhere else. It sounds to me like they may be getting a kickback for anyone they bring to San Francisco Club. I've also seen Paradise Beach put on their website when they are sold out so if you can see that ahead of time, just make alternate plans BEFORE you get into a taxi. 

A number of years ago I encountered this.  We actually had a reservation for Paradise Beach, and as we got in the cab we were told that it was sold out, I said good to know since I have a reservation already.  This shut the cab driver down.  When we got to PB it wasn't very crowded at all, and I let them know what happened.  They thanked us and told us that they weren't at all sold out for the day.  

Congratulations on the Eagles win!  Philly Philly.  

• Like 1