Are suites worth the $ on non-revolutionized ships?

Fijalclarkski

On 1/30/2023 at 12:53 PM, Fijalclarkski said:

My husband and I are tempted to splurge for a suite on a future Celebrity Eclipse sailing. I know that Eclipse hasn't yet been revolutionized, and one of the things it doesn't include is the Retreat Sun Deck. The price difference between Aqua Class and a Sky Suite is about $166 per person per day ($3,320 total for the entire 10-day cruise). Is it "worth it?" I know Suite class has premium drinks, faster wifi, more on-board credit, access to Luminae, and other benefits, but I wonder if the lack of a Retreat Sun Deck makes the Suite extras not worth the cost. I'm curious to hear from those who may have Suite experience on revolutionized and nonrevolutionized Solstice Class ships. Thanks!

We have done Eclipse in a Sky Suite and we just did Equinox in a CS suite.  Equinox was partially revolutionized.  It has the Retreat Lounge (former Michael's Club area) and a Retreat Sun Deck - front of ship, deck 15- a lot of stairs to access it.  We used the Retreat Lounge and concierge, and of course Luminae.  The premium WiFi on StarLink was excellent.  We enjoyed the premium drink package but honestly don't drink enough to make it worth it to us.  We used the extra OBC for specialty dining (Murano and TG) and Spa.   But we never really used the Retreat Sundeck.  We used our balcony instead.  The E-Class has all of these things in one area and it is definitely better for suite passengers.  But the smaller Luminae on Equinox  (and Eclipse) and ability to order from the MDR menu is a very good trade.

• Like 1