Question About Acceptance

Cdncruisecpl

5 hours ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

It doesn't bother me what others say.  It bothers me that a certain set of people will not allow other people to have the opposite feeling as them.  That's the whole point.  This group ONLY wants to hear things that confirm what they think.  And at the moment, it seems like they think that Celebrity is the devil and only want to hear/read things that confirm that.  In their minds, there isn't room for the thought that someone might have actually had fun.  

This is a real example:

Person 1:  I had fun on my cruise.  I enjoyed the food.  The crew was great.  Service was great.

Person 2:  Thank you Celebrity Marketing Department

Really?  It isn't possible that person 1 actually liked it?  To be sarcastic and demeaning and totally discount what someone thought about their experience?  Yet the same people do this:

Person 3:  My cruise wasn't good.  The waiter didn't have my drink waiting for me when I sat down.  They wouldn't cook me something that was off the menu and may or may not have actually had on the ship.  And I think my room attendant used my toothbrush to clean the toiler but I have no proof of that.

Person 2: Thank you for your honest review

Also Person 2:  Starts new thread titled "Celebrity saving money by using toothbrushes in cabin to clean toilers"

I don't follow how either of those examples (or anything I have seen on CC) is "not allowing other people to have an opposite opinion".  In both cases, aren't they just someone expressing an opinion.  Or should we not allow them to have their opinion?  You can read on to the next comment to find one that is more helpful to you.  And if certain posters regularly make comments you don't like, you can ignore them.  And if you get to the point where you don't find any comments helpful, you can go elsewhere to get your information.

The only people on CC who have the power to allow or not allow comments are the moderators who can remove individual comments, entire threads, or lock threads.

• Haha 1