Transportation Help From SeaTac to Pan Pacific Hotel

fsa1155

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a car service or any transportation service from the Seattle Airport to the Pan Pacific Hotel?  From what I understand, it takes about an hour to get from the airport to the hotel.   I figured I could do an easy taxi ride from the hotel to Pier 66 the next morning since it is fairly close. 

Any ideas would be a great help.  We have plenty of time.  Our cruise on NCL is not until August 2023. 

Thank,

Karen 😀 

I take Premier Airport Shuttle almost everytime I go to and from the airport as I now live about an hour from SEA. The drivers are always so polite and excellent drivers (They got me home safely from the airport during our last snow storm this past December!), they're on time and their vans are always clean. Highly recommend! 

https://premierairportshuttle.com/

You could take the Airtrain (1 Line) from airport to Westlake Station then it's a 10 min walk to your hotel. This would be a cheaper option and still 1 hour in travelling. Just a thought, incase you wanted a cheaper option

It won't take an hour by taxi, Uber or towncar, more like 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.  The hour's trip time assumes taking the light rail from the airport to downtown, then either walking (more like 20 min.) or the streetcar (15 plus connection time) to the hotel.  I would opt for the cab/Uber/towncar option and just bite the bullet.  There are stands for taxis and towncars next to each other in the airport garage.  Look at around $45-$50 to the Pan Pacific.  Uber might be cheaper, might not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gsel said:

I did a "dummy" booking on Premier Airport , they quoted $237 from downtown to Pier 91. We will take a cab! It was $135. from airport to downtown. 

Whoa! That seems expensive on both ends. Premier for me (when I select limited van service, it's been max one stop out of our way) it's about $90 from SEA to the ferry 45 minutes north of the city. A cab or Uber from the airport to the city shouldn't be more than $60. There's also the light rail which is $2.75 from the airport and a 12 minute walk to the Pan Pacific hotel if you're traveling light. 

On 2/2/2023 at 11:56 PM, psuboater said:

Whoa! That seems expensive on both ends. Premier for me (when I select limited van service, it's been max one stop out of our way) it's about $90 from SEA to the ferry 45 minutes north of the city. A cab or Uber from the airport to the city shouldn't be more than $60. There's also the light rail which is $2.75 from the airport and a 12 minute walk to the Pan Pacific hotel if you're traveling light. 

We took light rail from SEA-TAC to our hotel in Pioneer Square. We were 4 people and 31 pieces of luggage. So it is doable with baggage if you are organized.

• Like 1

I would lean toward Uber/Lyft for getting from the airport to anyplace in downtown, and also from your hotel to the pier.  You'll spend, on average, somewhere between $55 and $85 from SeaTac to the Pan Pacific and the drive will be about 35-45 minutes depending on traffic.  I like Uber and Lyft because I can see where my driver is, can follow the trip on my phone, and I can request the type and size of vehicle that is best for my needs at that time.

Signage in SeaTac for getting to the taxi/car service/shuttle service level of the parking garage from the baggage carousel is pretty good.  I can't remember the exact spot on that level where the car services are supposed to stop, but again, signage once you are out there on that level will guide you to where you are supposed to be.

SeaTac isn't a bad airport.  It is quite large, it is fairly well laid out, and because it isn't a hub for anyone except Alaska Airlines, (it is a "focus airport" for many other airlines, like Delta and American), its busy, but not on the same level as say ATL.  In spite of the constant remodeling that seems to be going on, baggage claim, arrivals and departures, and the parking garage, feel totally out of the 70s or early 80s.  Super dated, they have that "Airplane" movie vibe.  On the other hand the concourses have quite a bit of shopping and lots of food options.  On your outbound flight after your cruise, be sure to stop by Beecher's Cheese in the C concourse for their mac and cheese or a grilled cheese sandwich.  It is to die for.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gardyloo said:

It won't take an hour by taxi, Uber or towncar, more like 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.  The hour's trip time assumes taking the light rail from the airport to downtown, then either walking (more like 20 min.) or the streetcar (15 plus connection time) to the hotel.  I would opt for the cab/Uber/towncar option and just bite the bullet.  There are stands for taxis and towncars next to each other in the airport garage.  Look at around $45-$50 to the Pan Pacific.  Uber might be cheaper, might not.

I'm considering taking the light rail from SEATAC to Hyatt at Olive 8 but my concern is I'll be by myself and will have one somewhat large suitcase. How safe and manageable will that be? I have no mobility issues. Does the train only allow carry on size luggage?

Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I'm considering taking the light rail from SEATAC to Hyatt at Olive 8 but my concern is I'll be by myself and will have one somewhat large suitcase. How safe and manageable will that be? I have no mobility issues. Does the train only allow carry on size luggage?

Thanks in advance!

There are no restrictions on size or number of pieces of luggage; however there is only a very small dedicated bag storage space on the train cars, so you'll have to figure out where to put your bag without it hampering others' access to seats.  

At the downtown end, it's around a 5-minute, mainly level walk from the Pine Street station exit (make sure it's the right exit) to the Hyatt Olive 8.  The whole trip, counting the walk from the terminal to the airport station and any headway time, will probably take right about an hour.  

Summertime, when the 1 Line is your best bet to/from the airport | Sound Transit

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gardyloo said:

There are no restrictions on size or number of pieces of luggage; however there is only a very small dedicated bag storage space on the train cars, so you'll have to figure out where to put your bag without it hampering others' access to seats.  

At the downtown end, it's around a 5-minute, mainly level walk from the Pine Street station exit (make sure it's the right exit) to the Hyatt Olive 8.  The whole trip, counting the walk from the terminal to the airport station and any headway time, will probably take right about an hour.  

Summertime, when the 1 Line is your best bet to/from the airport | Sound Transit

Thank you so much for the very helpful information. I'm really leaning towards doing this rather than a ride share or shuttle, just to know that I did it on my own.

Personally I recommend flying, Pan Pacific hotel recommends a car service on their website or call concierge.  Personally I would stay at a hotel around SeaTac (cheaper ) and for under a $100 one (each) way take the Cruise Line bus up that morning.  Cruise Lines wait for the buses, expedite as best they can getting through customs.  You take all of your luggage with you into customs then back on bus.  Much easier than flying in.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2023 at 3:26 AM, Caribensun said:

Toni T, Please go to roll call, I believe Sapphire cruise I was on with you last  year, I will post you there.  Thanks.

I just saw this right now. Yes, we were on the Sapphire 9/24 10 day cruise together. I thought for sure that one was going to be canceled.

Still getting my plans together for my 7/2 Alaska cruise on the Encore.