Will QM2 do a World Cruise in 2026?

arielmomma

I realize this question requires a bit a guess work since none of us can see the future. However, I was hoping some of you could look into your crystal balls and make an educated prediction.

I ask because I noted in the 2025 previews that Bluemarble was kind enough to post that in 2025, Queen Anne will be doing the world cruise, while Queen Victoria will be doing the South American itinerary.

I was originally booked on this year's Centennial World Cruise aboard QM2, but decided to postpone until the world and cruising settles down and gets closer to "normal" again. I have a bad back, so I need to sail r/t out of the US and for a four month cruise, my back would greatly prefer the stability on the water that QM2 offers as well.

Any thoughts? Will QM2 be back to world cruising in 2026 or do you think QA will be taking her place permanently?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

4 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

It doesn't look as if anyone has any confidence in their crystal ball. I'll take a wild guess and say yes.

We can check back this time and see if I was right. 

Would 2024 be too soon for you?

Thanks for the guess. As for 2024, that's what I'm trying to decide. I was really hoping that the world will be a little closer to the new "normal" when I took my world cruise, whatever that's going to look like. I was aiming for 2025/26. I took 4 cruises on three different lines this past year (2022), including a 21 day on QM2. While I had a lovely time on all of them, things were hardly "normal." Short staff, quarantines, masking, testing, being unable to dock, food shortages, dreadful communication from the lines, etc. There was still a lot of confusion and frustration all around. Nothing that prevented me from sailing, obviously, but a world cruise is a huge investment. I'll probably only get to do it once.  I want to be able to do it right and without having to wear a mask!