Queen Elizabeth short trip Syd-Mel

tiger97

Hi everyone,  we’re boarding tomorrow for a short trip to Melbourne. 
This is our first cruise with Cunard, and we’re pretty excited!

Our embarkation arrival time is marked as 15:00. Would it be rude to arrive a little earlier? Say 14:00? Or is this a bit uncool?

Thanks for your advice!

37 minutes ago, tiger97 said:

Our embarkation arrival time is marked as 15:00. Would it be rude to arrive a little earlier? Say 14:00? Or is this a bit uncool?

Thanks for your advice!

I think it's very uncool, personally. It mucks up the flow and distribution of passengers. They allocate a time so that people don't have to wait as long at the port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I think it's very uncool, personally. It mucks up the flow and distribution of passengers. They allocate a time so that people don't have to wait as long at the port.

Good call, I’ll check in at the correct time.

thanks for your reply!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiger97 said:

Thanks for your advice!

I would think 2pm would be fine.

• Like 1

On our recent QE cruise we got on about 1pm despite checkin time being 15:00.  We got on very quickly - I don't think it was 'uncool' at all, there was not much of a crowd when we embarked.  Our room was ready right away as well.  If I was you I'd get on as early as you can so you can avoid the 3pm crowd.  Head straight to the lido restaurant for your free buffet lunch, then spend the rest of the afternoon getting familiar with the ship.  You might have to wait a few hours for your room and luggage to be ready if you get on early.

Edited by FrigidRock

I would get there around 12:30 as you want to make the most of your short cruise.  Getting to your room before 3 lets you attend afternoon tea.

We got there at 12:30 for 1pm boarding and spent over an hour queueing and the temp staff checking people in don't care what your boarding time is.  Also give yourself 10 minutes to walk onto Station Pier as taxis or Uber are not allowed on the pier unless you qualify for assisted boarding.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, need_a_holiday said:

I would get there around 12:30 as you want to make the most of your short cruise.  Getting to your room before 3 lets you attend afternoon tea.

We got there at 12:30 for 1pm boarding and spent over an hour queueing and the temp staff checking people in don't care what your boarding time is.  Also give yourself 10 minutes to walk onto Station Pier as taxis or Uber are not allowed on the pier unless you qualify for assisted boarding.

I'm guessing you spent an hour queuing because all the 3-o'clocks had arrived at 12.30!