2/11/23 Mardi Gras traffic or road closures?

CruiseMomTX

We will be coming from Houston on I-45. Based on information on the Mardi Gras site, the parade begins at 1:00pm and the route crosses Harborside at 20th. Therefore, if we take the route suggested by RCI in the email above - Broadway to Harborside - we would need to cross the parade route. For those who live on the island or are more familiar with the pre-parade lineup, Mardi Gras traffic and closed streets, should crossing the parade route around 10am be troublesome? The other option, which is not what RCI advises, would have us driving on Broadway (through town) and turning onto 14th to reach Harborside and terminal 10. This route does not cross the parade route but has driving through town. 

We’d appreciate any advice about what we can expect for traffic and which route is best!

-Shell

3 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

I saw the link to parade route information after i posted this. Whoops. Also like the above question people that live there might have better insight. Also looks like there is a 5K that morning. 

The 5K is only in the downtown area.

It is my understanding that Harborside will not be blocked anywhere as the parades come down the seawall from 57th, up 25th to the downtown district.  They will cross Broadway, not Harborside.