Cancellations?

tbmrt

22 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Don't remember where I read this, but does VV cancel cruises occasionally?

There were quite a few early on when Valiant Lady was new, they cancelled some of the UK cruises with short notice in favour of The Bachelor filming for a month or so. 
Also Resiliant Lady’s launch was delayed and some cruises got cancelled but that had more notice. 
Now I don’t see it happening. Maybe the launch of Brilliant Lady will also get delayed but I don’t see anything changing on the other three ships.

• Like 1

i saw something on FB that one of the may 4 night key west voyages was cancelled for a charter, but haven't heard anything since then.  i believe they get upwards of $1mm for a charter, so if the booking was light, it probably makes more financial sense for them to buy goodwill from those pax and collect the $$$$$$ charter fees.  sucks if you're impacted, but they've certainly been VERY accommodating whenever they've had to cancel (whether due to covid, ship readiness, or filming the bachelorette hahaha)

• Like 1

It has been quite a while since I've heard anything of a cancelation.  And I suspect they are being very conservative about the launches of the new ships after the issues involved in previous launches and needing to cancel.  VV supposedly got mega-bucks for canceling cruises to allow the filming on Valiant and they treated the sailors who had to reschedule VERY well.  I suspect they'd cancel for a charter if someone wanted to book one, but it hasn't happened recently.  And as bookings are gradually increasing, I suspect the cost of a relatively short notice charter would also increase.

On 2/5/2023 at 12:02 PM, tbmrt said:

Don't remember where I read this, but does VV cancel cruises occasionally?

All cruise lines cancel occasionally. Carnival just announced a cancellation yesterday for a charter. In general the charters are announced at least a year in advance, but not always.

When Valiant Lady launched, VV made a very bad move to cancel four cruises so ABC could film the bachelorette onboard. The bad move was because they cancelled literally three weeks before the first cruise. And with only one ship in Europe, there was nowhere for the folks to rebook. That was a horrible deal for those who booked their holidays.

And the same does hold true right now if VV were to cancel a cruise, you would have no option to hop on another ship normally.  Right now the only time there are two ships together is during the winter season in Miami.  So yes, I would expect VV to cancel cruises from time to time due to a charter, the same as every other cruise line out there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1