Does anyone know....

jimvern1966

Does anyone know how much it is to rent the golfcart-like cars that I saw in some of the pictures of KW? They look like they seat 4 and would be perfect for touring. Thanks. Also is there somewhere to park them while shopping? Thanks for any info.

Although the electric cars are convenient they are much more expensive than a regular rental and require the same parking space (which is very scarce in KW).

I think you would be happier taking the train or the trolley for a good overview of the island, and then walking to the sights that interest you.

JMHO

Mike:)

I'm thinking the same thing. We are only there from 7am to 2pm. Doesn't leave too much time. I was there 15 yrs ago and was alot younger then, the only part of that port I saw was the inside of many bars.... and of course we walked to the southern most point. After that it was all a blur. We had a great time from what I can remember. :) thanks again. Only three more weeks

You will see a lot...

but not have a lot of time to stop and see much...

We did the trolley in December, but now have a better

idea of what to do...

so this trip will be all walking...

do our own version of the walking taste tour...

and maybe do a little pub crawling also!!

I know we are going to be walking alot, my only concern is that Mom will be with us. She doesn't have problems walking but she will get tired pretty quick. She just turned 69 in Feb. And if I know my Mom she will be stopping at every store, and looking at every little thing in the store. At that rate, we'll only get about 50 feet the whole time we are there. Can you exit the trolley and re-board at any time? Are there different trolleys that do different routes? And how much is the trolley? Thanks for the input. Only 19 days to go

Can you exit the trolley and re-board at any time? Are there different trolleys that do different routes? And how much is the trolley? Thanks for the input. Only 19 days to go

From the times you listed, it sounds like you may also be on the Celebration.

You will be able to get off the ship shortly after 7:00, and that will give you time to walk around and see some of the sights near Mallory Square. However, most of the attactions, including the trolley do not open until 9:00, so unfortunately you can only walk around and look.

The trolley does give you on and off priveledges. A trolley runs every 30 minutes, so if you get off at (ex. 10:20) at a attraction, remember you must see the attraction and get back to the trolley stop in 30 minutes or else an hour. we often had to spend 15-20 minutes waiting on the next trolley.

Also...the trolley stops are NOT directly next to the attractions. Often you will have to walk three or four blocks to the attraction.

We stopped at several locations and got back to Mallory Square at 12:30.

I had planned on seeing the Truman Little Whitehouse, and ended up giving my tickets away because we took too much time with the trolley.

have a great trip...

Jabee

We are on the Zenith. We will be in Key West on March 31st. It's a Friday and i think that there are only two ships in port that day. I think that we are going to try to walk as much as possible. Maybe play it by ear, see what happens. Thanks to all for the great info.

Archived