European Panorama brochure question

auldlassie

Hello, I got my European Panorama brochure (UK version) this morning and spent a while looking through it. There is a particularly lovely photo on page 24 labelled as Valletta, but I don't think it is Valletta. That is not the big domed church in most Valetta photographs and on Google maps I cannot see any other domed building so close to the shore as in this photo. It is not the first Oceania cruise brochure to mix up photos and I think it happens reasonably often with all cruise lines, so I think this is an error.

Does anyone know where this actually is? It looks absolutely beautiful and I am wondering if I will ever be able to find it and actually go visit it. 🙂

You can take a picture of the photo and do an image search in Google to get more info. Or post a picture here, someone will likely know!

I think I may have seen a very similar (or same?) picture to the one you mention in a different brochure - if so, it is from Malta but not from Valletta itself. That whole 'available from' type thing 😃

I know google can search for images from a webpage, but I didn't know that would be possible from a photo that is not on a webpage, but I will try it and find out  - thanks. 

Meanwhile, here is pic and hopefully someone with better geographic knowledge than myself  -and Oceania - can identify. 🙂 562961795_brochurepicbutnotValetta.jpg.fb53c67b3ee2b23d46656eecede567f0.jpg

Found it -it is St Joseph's church in Kalkara, Malta -across the bay from Valetta. Once it was uploaded to Cruisecritic I could search Google for the image. It still took a bit of searching to find it's name and location, but now I know exactly where it is I can go visit it this July when I am on Vista! Fab! Thanks babysteps!

Edited by auldlassie
removing image as already posted.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1