Best way to do chocolate tour and Paradise Beach?

SuperPlanner

I cannot seem to find a tour that combines Paradise Beach and a chocolate tour. What is the best way to do this? If I did a taxi to the chocolate factory from the port, are there taxis there that I can grab to go to Paradise Beach, and then another back to the port? 
I thought about getting a driver to do port to chocolate tour to Paradise Beach (and maybe throwing in a few cool sites like El Mirador) and then getting dropped at Paradise Beach but thought this may be too expensive?
Any advice welcome!

**Also, welcome any other ideas for unique activities that are good for a 4 year old who is not ready to snorkel, excluding animal encounters for ethical reasons, and think he may get bored by the ruins?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperPlanner said:

I cannot seem to find a tour that combines Paradise Beach and a chocolate tour. What is the best way to do this? If I did a taxi to the chocolate factory from the port, are there taxis there that I can grab to go to Paradise Beach, and then another back to the port? 
I thought about getting a driver to do port to chocolate tour to Paradise Beach (and maybe throwing in a few cool sites like El Mirador) and then getting dropped at Paradise Beach but thought this may be too expensive?
Any advice welcome!

**Also, welcome any other ideas for unique activities that are good for a 4 year old who is not ready to snorkel, excluding animal encounters for ethical reasons, and think he may get bored by the ruins?

I presume from your description you are considering the chocolate factory at the back of town - Kaokao?

I have done and enjoyed that factory and Paradise on separate days but I think Kaokao would phone for a taxi for you. It is unlikely, given the location, there would be waiting taxis. 

However as an alternative, for ease of transport and budget. I would suggest you consider researching Playa Mia and Mayan Cacao combination which are next door to each other.  I haven’t actually been to either of these so can’t recommend but they get good reviews for kids and you can certainly walk between them.

I see that actual chocolate workshop lists 5+. I am not sure if there is an age restriction at Kaokao but unless they do a special presentation for kids I am not sure they one we did, several years ago, would be too exciting for a 4-year old. Playa Mia has a lot  of water activities for all ages, including a beach, splash ground and kiddie pool whereas water toys at Paradise are for older kids. If you still prefer to go to Paradise, taxis will be readily available along that stretch.Food is not as good at Playa Mia as Paradise but is supposedly better if you go with PAYG option as opposed to AI.