Mixology class on Vision of the Seas - review

We booked the "Mixing up the decades" Mixology class on our 11 night cruise on the Vision recently (Jan 2023). What fun!  It was super intimate, and it was held at the Viking Crown lounge on a sea day afternoon. We sat at the bar with about 6 other people.  I thought this was a tasting, but it turns out they make FULL SIZED cocktails for everyone!  The bartender showed us how to make the most popular cocktails from the 1960s-2000s on Royal Caribbean ships. We tried the Manhattan, Tequila Sunrise, Sex on the Beach, Cosmopolitan and finally a Mojito.  Did I mention these were FULL SIZED COCKTAILS?  As the drinks continued so did the fun!  It was a great intimate group, and we stayed for about 2.5 hours just chatting and sipping.  This is a great value and a really fun and social event on a sea day.  Highly recommend! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are going on this one in a few weeks.  How did you like the trip overall?  Anything in the ports you think shouldn’t be missed?  Looking forward to Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia as we’ve not been there before.

11 minutes ago, k9cop said:

We are going on this one in a few weeks.  How did you like the trip overall?  Anything in the ports you think shouldn’t be missed?  Looking forward to Costa Rica, Panama and Columbia as we’ve not been there before.

You can't miss Getsemani, in Cartagena.  We booked a separate tour through Viator that visited the Getsemani neighboorhood.   None of the ship excursions visited Gestemani, only the walled city.   It far exceeded my expectations and our tour guide was amazing.  This is the tour we booked: https://www.viator.com/en-CA/tours/Cartagena/Walled-City-Cartagena-Tour-4H/d4498-59388P49?mcid=61846

Getsamani 1.jpg

Getsamani 2.jpg

Getsamani 3.jpg

Getsamani 4.jpg

Getsamani 5.jpg

Getsamani 6.jpg

Getsamani 7.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, purplegrapefruit said:

The class was listed in the daily activities on the Royal Caribbean app. I believe it was 35$ per person. Considering one of those cocktails would ring in at 14$ each, it was well worth the money. 

DEFINITELY!!! During our sail away I will have to ask the bartenders when and if it will occur for us.!!!

We did a mixology class way back in 2002 on the Sovereign. It was fantastic! Haven’t really seen many since. Hopefully, they’ll start adding them more frequently. The bartender remembered us the next night and basically continued the class. He wanted to open a bar back home so he was testing out recipe after recipe on us. Only got charged for one drink each at the end of the night. Those were the days…